Contingency planning for winter weather »Severe weather requires robust, collaborative planning between the Welsh Government and the public and private sectors in Wales.Learn more »
Health Minister gives go-ahead for standardised packaging for cigarettes to be introduced in Wales
A new law to introduce standardised packaging for cigarettes and hand rolling tobacco will apply in Wales, Health and Social Services Minister Mark Drakeford has confirmed.
- School Categorisation results published
- Survey on Welsh language use welcomed
- Health Minister gives go-ahead for standardised packaging for cigarettes to be introduced in Wales
- Marine Strategy Framework Directive (MSFD) Consultation – UK Marine Programme of Measures
- Raising the ambitions and educational attainment of children who are looked after in Wales
- Review of requirements for the trading of captive bred birds
- Harmonising school term dates for 2016 to 2017
- Implementation of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 – Consultation on the Regulations and code of practice in relation to part 11 of the Act.
- Implementation of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 - Consultation on the regulations and code of practice in relation to Part 2 of the Act
Featured consultation »Aligning the apprenticeship model to the needs of the Welsh economy
83 days left
Section highlightQualifications Wales BillThe Bill will establish Qualifications Wales as an independent regulator for qualifications and the qualification system in Wales.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update
This 6th edition details over 370 investments across both public and private sectors with a value of more than £40bn.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
- European Social Fund Local Service Board development and priority delivery project
- Evaluation of the Choose Pharmacy common ailments service
- Housing demolitions and hazards
- Regional economic and labour market profiles
- Welsh Government People Survey
- Welsh language use survey
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Edwina Hart MBE CStJ AM
Edwina Hart has been the Gower's AM since the first Assembly election in 1999.
Having served as Minister for Finance and Local Government (2000-2003) and Minister for Social Justice and Regeneration (2003-2007), Edwina was appointed to the Health and Social Services portfolio in May 2007. Following re-election to the National Assembly for Wales in May 2011, Edwina Hart was appointed Minister for Business, Enterprise, Technology and Science and in March 2013 was appointed the Minister for Economy, Science and Transport.
The Minister for Economy, Science and Transport is responsible for:
- The provision of support and advice to assist the establishment, growth, modernisation or development of business in Wales;
- The promotion of Wales as a location for business and investment;
- The promotion of Welsh exports;
- Entrepreneurship, enterprise and business information;
- Finance Wales;
- Business rates policy;
- Energy policy, major energy facilities and infrastructure, devolution in energy matters, steel, coal, oil and gas;
- Environmental improvements in relation to industrial and commercial developments;
- Economic sector panels;
- Social enterprise and the social economy;
- The work of the Economic Research Advisory Panel;
- Transport policy, including the development of an integrated transport system in Wales;
- Road Safety including provision of safer routes to Schools, transport for children and young people and regulation of pedestrian crossings and on-street parking
- Road transport, including construction, improvement and maintenance of trunk roads in Wales, except those parts of the Second Severn Crossing and the approaches thereto which are situated in Wales (not devolved) (NB roads other than trunk roads are the responsibility of Local Authorities);
- Delivery of passenger rail services through the Wales and Borders franchise;
- Promotion of walking and cycling, including the Active Travel (Wales) Act;
- Funding and administration of programmes to Local Authorities and other bodies designed to deliver a range of transport schemes and services;
- Science: development of science policy, including day to day liaison with the Chief Scientific Adviser and the National Science Academy;
- Research and Innovation, including research and development, knowledge transfer and commercialisation; maximising research and innovation incomes; and Research Centres of Excellence;
- Technium network.
Writing to Ministers
Contact Edwina Hart by email at: email@example.com
We aim to provide a response to correspondence to Ministers, including electronic mail within 17 working days. Ministers will respond to matters that fall within their portfolio. Please follow the link ‘Writing to Ministers’ on the left hand side to direct your correspondence to the right Minister.