Report by the Commission on Devolution in Wales »We hope that this Report will give us the foundation for a fundamental reform of the devolution settlement.Learn more »
Halen Môn is recipe for success, says First Minister
Halen Môn is a unique and successful business which is helping to promote Wales and Anglesey the First Minister, Carwyn Jones, said today on a visit to the company.
- Royal Welch Fusiliers Museum safeguards valuable First World War memories
- Welsh Government support for ex- Remploy workers extended
Featured Article »Landmark social care Bill passes National Assembly scrutiny
- Halen Môn is recipe for success, says First Minister
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Proposals concerning the publication of Sustainable Development Indicators statistical outputs
- Consultation on the regulations to introduce a new Firefighters’ Pension Scheme in Wales from April 2015
- Onshore oil exploration activities: integrated pollution prevention and control
- Statutory Guidance to the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in relation to the salaries of Local Authority Chief Executives
- Consultation on the findings of the report on the Impact and Effect of the Non-Domestic Rating (Definition of Domestic Property) (Wales) Order 2010.
- TB compensation
Featured consultation »Curriculum for Wales: Phase 1 - revised literacy and numeracy arrangements
53 days left
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - December 2013
This Wales Infrastructure Investment Plan annex highlights planned investments and potential procurement opportunities.
2nd Supplementary Budget 2013-14 »
The 2nd Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the 1st Supplementary Budget for 2013-14, which was published on 25 June 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Written - Capital Expenditure to Support Small Capital Works and Refurbishment Programmes in Schools, Further Education and Higher Education Buildings
Today I am pleased to announce that a capital investment of around £13.26 million is to be made available to all Local Authorities, Further Education and Higher Education Institutions in support of their small capital works and refurbishment programmes undertaken at schools, colleges and university buildings.
The investment forms £9 million of the total £23 million announced at the third economic summit of capital expenditure that is to be brought forward into this financial year 2008-09. This will provide Local Authorities, Further Education and Higher Education Institutions with immediate access to funds of £5 million, £2 million and £2 million respectively.
A further £4.26 million will also to be made available to all Further Education Institutions to support small capital works that help address the long standing problem of condition and suitability of their educational accommodation.
This investment is integral to the on-going commitment to improve and transform educational facilities in Wales; by complimenting and building upon the significant capital investment projects, that have been completed or are currently underway, which already have significant capital investment support from the Welsh Assembly Government. It also demonstrates the vital role education and training has to play in the overall programme designed by the Welsh Assembly Government to help individuals, communities and businesses, in particular those in the construction industry, across Wales through the current economic downturn.