Delivering Prudent Healthcare in Wales »Prudent healthcare principles ensure patients receive the most appropriate treatments to achieve mutually-agreed goals.Learn more »
Minister announces £500,000 to improve domestic abuse services
The Minister for Local Government and Government Business, LesleyGriffiths AM, has announced capital funding of up to £500,000 fordomestic abuse services.
- £1 million regeneration projects for Tredegar announced
- Outstanding work by Bang Post Production earns the Cardiff company an Emmy
- Minister announces £500,000 to improve domestic abuse services
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Draft Guidance on notifiable event for registered social landlords
- Draft Vision and Objectives and the proposed structure of the Welsh National Marine Plan
- Consultation on Amending The Use of Invalid Carriages on Highways Regulations 1988
- Reservoir Safety in Wales: Consultation on the Commencement of Schedule 4 to the Flood and Water Management Act 2010
- Draft fly-tipping strategy
- Strategic Environmental Assessment: Environmental Report, Ireland Wales cooperation Programme 2014-2020
Featured consultation »Draft guidance on notifiable event for registered social landlords
46 days left
Section highlightThe Well-being of Future Generations (Wales) BillThe Bill strengthens existing governance arrangements for improving the well-being of Wales to ensure that present needs are met without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightWales for Africa grant
The Wales for Africa grant supports projects that build mutually beneficial links between Wales and Sub-Saharan Africa.
1st Supplementary Budget 2014-15 »
The 1st Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the Final Budget for 2014-15, which was published in December 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
- Admission of patients to mental health facilities
- End of foundation phase outcomes and National Curriculum teacher assessment of core subjects at Key Stages 2 and 3 - Revised
- Jobs Growth Wales
- National curriculum teacher assessments of the non-core subjects - Revised
- Patients in mental health hospitals and units
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Written - Mortgage Rescue
I am pleased to announce an expanded housing measure to address an unfortunate consequence of the current ‘credit crunch’.
The position that a growing number of home owners are finding themselves in is one where they unable to meet the payments on their mortgage and facing repossession proceedings, this is of great concern to me. There are serious consequences when a family loses their home and becomes homeless, children have to move schools, and the health and wellbeing of all family members can often deteriorate. I am therefore expanding the existing scheme in order to help significantly more families finding themselves in these circumstances. I will be working with local authorities and housing associations to allow families facing homelessness to access our mortgage rescue scheme, where a housing association can either purchase the home outright so that the home owners then become assured tenants, or can purchase an equity share where the mortgagees can afford a smaller loan.
This will of course be a demand led scheme, and although previously housing associations have had to find the funds from existing allocations, I am now ensuring that all registered housing associations will be able to participate by awarding additional funds to this programme.
This demonstrates the ability of the Welsh Assembly Government to be responsive to changes in the market. The homelessness prevention agenda is an important one and this intervention will alleviate pressure on local authorities and provide a safety net to those facing the unfortunate reality of eviction and becoming homeless.