Report by the Commission on Devolution in Wales »We hope that this Report will give us the foundation for a fundamental reform of the devolution settlement.Learn more »
Third round of Enterprise Zones Business Rates Scheme opens
Businesses in the seven Welsh Enterprise Zones are being invited to bid for more than £3 million in the latest round of a Welsh Government Business Rate scheme.
- Welsh Ministers take hard line to end FGM in Wales
- NHS Wales Awards 2014 Finalists Announced
Featured Article »Landmark social care Bill completes stage 3 scrutiny
- Third round of Enterprise Zones Business Rates Scheme opens
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Consultation on the Statutory Guidance on Securing Sufficient Play Opportunities
- EIDCymru: an electronic movement reporting system for sheep and goats - the identification of sheep and the current slaughter derogation
- Achieving high standards together - a new framework for animal health and welfare in Wales
- Revising the national framework for Continuing NHS Healthcare (CHC)
- Phase 1 - Draft Report: Review of Audit, Inspection and Regulation
- Statutory Guidance to the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in relation to the salaries of Local Authority Chief Executives
Featured consultation »A new framework for animal health and welfare in Wales
45 days left
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - December 2013
This Wales Infrastructure Investment Plan annex highlights planned investments and potential procurement opportunities.
2nd Supplementary Budget 2013-14 »
The 2nd Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the 1st Supplementary Budget for 2013-14, which was published on 25 June 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Written - Mortgage Rescue
I am pleased to announce an expanded housing measure to address an unfortunate consequence of the current ‘credit crunch’.
The position that a growing number of home owners are finding themselves in is one where they unable to meet the payments on their mortgage and facing repossession proceedings, this is of great concern to me. There are serious consequences when a family loses their home and becomes homeless, children have to move schools, and the health and wellbeing of all family members can often deteriorate. I am therefore expanding the existing scheme in order to help significantly more families finding themselves in these circumstances. I will be working with local authorities and housing associations to allow families facing homelessness to access our mortgage rescue scheme, where a housing association can either purchase the home outright so that the home owners then become assured tenants, or can purchase an equity share where the mortgagees can afford a smaller loan.
This will of course be a demand led scheme, and although previously housing associations have had to find the funds from existing allocations, I am now ensuring that all registered housing associations will be able to participate by awarding additional funds to this programme.
This demonstrates the ability of the Welsh Assembly Government to be responsive to changes in the market. The homelessness prevention agenda is an important one and this intervention will alleviate pressure on local authorities and provide a safety net to those facing the unfortunate reality of eviction and becoming homeless.