Report by the Commission on Devolution in Wales »We hope that this Report will give us the foundation for a fundamental reform of the devolution settlement.Learn more »
Pilots in Ceredigion and Vale of Glamorgan to find new ways to deliver public transport
Funding to trial new, more efficient methods of delivering public transport to improve access to jobs and services, particularly in rural areas.
- European investment helps bring Superfast Broadband to Wales – Jane Hutt
- Genpower to create 35 new jobs in Haven Waterway Enterprise Zone with Welsh Government support
Featured Article »Landmark social care Bill passes National Assembly scrutiny
- Pilots in Ceredigion and Vale of Glamorgan to find new ways to deliver public transport
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Proposals concerning the publication of Sustainable Development Indicators statistical outputs
- Consultation on the regulations to introduce a new Firefighters’ Pension Scheme in Wales from April 2015
- Onshore oil exploration activities: integrated pollution prevention and control
- Statutory Guidance to the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in relation to the salaries of Local Authority Chief Executives
- Consultation on the findings of the report on the Impact and Effect of the Non-Domestic Rating (Definition of Domestic Property) (Wales) Order 2010.
- Achieving high standards together - a new framework for animal health and welfare in Wales
Featured consultation »Curriculum for Wales: Phase 1 - revised literacy and numeracy arrangements
50 days left
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - December 2013
This Wales Infrastructure Investment Plan annex highlights planned investments and potential procurement opportunities.
2nd Supplementary Budget 2013-14 »
The 2nd Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the 1st Supplementary Budget for 2013-14, which was published on 25 June 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Written - Mortgage Rescue
I am pleased to announce an expanded housing measure to address an unfortunate consequence of the current ‘credit crunch’.
The position that a growing number of home owners are finding themselves in is one where they unable to meet the payments on their mortgage and facing repossession proceedings, this is of great concern to me. There are serious consequences when a family loses their home and becomes homeless, children have to move schools, and the health and wellbeing of all family members can often deteriorate. I am therefore expanding the existing scheme in order to help significantly more families finding themselves in these circumstances. I will be working with local authorities and housing associations to allow families facing homelessness to access our mortgage rescue scheme, where a housing association can either purchase the home outright so that the home owners then become assured tenants, or can purchase an equity share where the mortgagees can afford a smaller loan.
This will of course be a demand led scheme, and although previously housing associations have had to find the funds from existing allocations, I am now ensuring that all registered housing associations will be able to participate by awarding additional funds to this programme.
This demonstrates the ability of the Welsh Assembly Government to be responsive to changes in the market. The homelessness prevention agenda is an important one and this intervention will alleviate pressure on local authorities and provide a safety net to those facing the unfortunate reality of eviction and becoming homeless.