Delivering Prudent Healthcare in Wales »Prudent healthcare principles ensure patients receive the most appropriate treatments to achieve mutually-agreed goals.Learn more »
Minister thanks outgoing Chair of Haven Waterway Enterprise Zone
Economy Minister Edwina Hart has thanked Lord Bourne of Aberystwyth for his work as Chair of the Haven Waterway Enterprise Zone.
- Lasting dedication unveiled to pay tribute to Welsh role in the First World War
- 100 Superfast Cymru exchanges providing faster broadband speeds
Featured Article »Landmark Social Services law receives Royal Assent
- Minister thanks outgoing Chair of Haven Waterway Enterprise Zone
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Draft Guidance on notifiable event for registered social landlords
- Draft Vision and Objectives and the proposed structure of the Welsh National Marine Plan
- Consultation on Amending The Use of Invalid Carriages on Highways Regulations 1988
- Reservoir Safety in Wales: Consultation on the Commencement of Schedule 4 to the Flood and Water Management Act 2010
- Draft fly-tipping strategy
- Strategic Environmental Assessment: Environmental Report, Ireland Wales cooperation Programme 2014-2020
Featured consultation »Draft Technical Advice Note 1: Joint Housing Land Availability Studies
51 days left
Section highlightThe Gender-based Violence, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence (Wales) Bill
The Bill aims to improve the Public Sector response in Wales to gender-based violence, domestic abuse and sexual violence.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - June 2014
Our pipeline provides visibility of infrastructure investment activity across Wales.
1st Supplementary Budget 2014-15 »
The 1st Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the Final Budget for 2014-15, which was published in December 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Written - Local Government – Legislative Competence Order
I am pleased to announce that a proposed Legislative Competence Order (LCO) in the field of local government has been laid today.
The National Assembly for Wales has legislative competence in relation to many aspects of local government already. The LCO would extend the field of competence in respect of local government to include community councils (which includes their constitution, structure, procedures, capability and service delivery), community reviews, the relations between tiers of local government, councillor allowances and the recruitment and retention of councillors.
The Welsh Assembly Government values the contribution made by community councils at the grassroots of local government in Wales and we made commitments in the policy statement A Shared Responsibility to raise awareness of local government and increase interest in candidacy, promote community involvement through council service and work with others on councillor development.
The LCO would enable the Assembly to legislate by means of Assembly Measures in these areas.
I will make a Legislative Statement during Plenary on 14 July