Delivering Prudent Healthcare in Wales »Prudent healthcare principles ensure patients receive the most appropriate treatments to achieve mutually-agreed goals.Learn more »
International investment conference to be held in Wales
Wales is to host an international investment conference which will create jobs and growth for the UK
- £4m of Welsh Government funding for new ambulances
- First Minister and Secretary of State for Wales to showcase Welsh business, education and tourism ahead of NATO Summit
- International investment conference to be held in Wales
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Draft Guidance on notifiable event for registered social landlords
- Draft Vision and Objectives and the proposed structure of the Welsh National Marine Plan
- Consultation on Amending The Use of Invalid Carriages on Highways Regulations 1988
- Reservoir Safety in Wales: Consultation on the Commencement of Schedule 4 to the Flood and Water Management Act 2010
- Draft fly-tipping strategy
- Strategic Environmental Assessment: Environmental Report, Ireland Wales cooperation Programme 2014-2020
Featured consultation »Draft guidance on notifiable event for registered social landlords
45 days left
Section highlightThe Well-being of Future Generations (Wales) BillThe Bill strengthens existing governance arrangements for improving the well-being of Wales to ensure that present needs are met without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightWales for Africa grant
The Wales for Africa grant supports projects that build mutually beneficial links between Wales and Sub-Saharan Africa.
1st Supplementary Budget 2014-15 »
The 1st Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the Final Budget for 2014-15, which was published in December 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
- Admission of patients to mental health facilities
- End of foundation phase outcomes and National Curriculum teacher assessment of core subjects at Key Stages 2 and 3 - Revised
- Jobs Growth Wales
- National curriculum teacher assessments of the non-core subjects - Revised
- Patients in mental health hospitals and units
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Written - Community Asset Transfer Programme - Launch of Partnership with BIG Lottery Fund
I am pleased to announce that I have today launched the official Partnership Agreement between the Welsh Assembly Government and the BIG Lottery Fund to take the Community Asset Transfer programme forward. The programme will be open for applications in October 2009.
On the 18 November 2008, during a plenary debate, I indicated that work was progressing on developing the programme with BIG Lottery Fund. It is an exciting Partnership that we have developed with the BIG Lottery Fund and demonstrates the focus we are placing on investing funds wisely.
A total fund value of £13 million has now been agreed between the parties.
The aim of the Community Asset Transfer Programme will be:
- to build enterprising communities to take on and develop community assets that can provide solutions to the challenges they face;
- to contribute to the regeneration and economic sustainability of communities;
- to promote and strengthen the independence of Third Sector Organisations by enabling social enterprise; and
- to improve partnership working between the public sector, the Third Sector and others.
The Fund will be open for applications in October this year. I would urge any potential applicants to the Fund to contact the BIG Lottery to talk through their ideas.
As some of you will be aware, a complementary Welsh Assembly Government Fund, is the Community Facilities and Activities Programme, which has recently been reviewed to strengthen its regeneration focus. I am keen to ensure that the Community Facilities and Activities Programme and the Community Asset Transfer Programme complement each other.
Therefore, I have ensured that:
- the Community Asset Transfer Fund will provide capital and revenue grants which will be awarded from one source and fund applications involving the transfer of ownership from Public Sector Bodies,
- In addition to providing general capital funding to enhance local community owned facilities, the Community Facilities and Activities Programme will also continue to fund the transfer of ownership (or lease) of an Asset from Private Sector Bodies, with capital only grants awarded being up to £300,000 over 3 financial years.
I would be happy to make an oral statement if Assembly Members wish me to do so, at the first opportunity in the new session.