Report by the Commission on Devolution in Wales »We hope that this Report will give us the foundation for a fundamental reform of the devolution settlement.Learn more »
Halen Môn is recipe for success, says First Minister
Halen Môn is a unique and successful business which is helping to promote Wales and Anglesey the First Minister, Carwyn Jones, said today on a visit to the company.
- Royal Welch Fusiliers Museum safeguards valuable First World War memories
- Welsh Government support for ex- Remploy workers extended
Featured Article »Landmark social care Bill passes National Assembly scrutiny
- Halen Môn is recipe for success, says First Minister
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Proposals concerning the publication of Sustainable Development Indicators statistical outputs
- Consultation on the regulations to introduce a new Firefighters’ Pension Scheme in Wales from April 2015
- Onshore oil exploration activities: integrated pollution prevention and control
- Statutory Guidance to the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in relation to the salaries of Local Authority Chief Executives
- Consultation on the findings of the report on the Impact and Effect of the Non-Domestic Rating (Definition of Domestic Property) (Wales) Order 2010.
- TB compensation
Featured consultation »Curriculum for Wales: Phase 1 - revised literacy and numeracy arrangements
53 days left
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - December 2013
This Wales Infrastructure Investment Plan annex highlights planned investments and potential procurement opportunities.
2nd Supplementary Budget 2013-14 »
The 2nd Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the 1st Supplementary Budget for 2013-14, which was published on 25 June 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Written - Community Asset Transfer Programme - Launch of Partnership with BIG Lottery Fund
I am pleased to announce that I have today launched the official Partnership Agreement between the Welsh Assembly Government and the BIG Lottery Fund to take the Community Asset Transfer programme forward. The programme will be open for applications in October 2009.
On the 18 November 2008, during a plenary debate, I indicated that work was progressing on developing the programme with BIG Lottery Fund. It is an exciting Partnership that we have developed with the BIG Lottery Fund and demonstrates the focus we are placing on investing funds wisely.
A total fund value of £13 million has now been agreed between the parties.
The aim of the Community Asset Transfer Programme will be:
- to build enterprising communities to take on and develop community assets that can provide solutions to the challenges they face;
- to contribute to the regeneration and economic sustainability of communities;
- to promote and strengthen the independence of Third Sector Organisations by enabling social enterprise; and
- to improve partnership working between the public sector, the Third Sector and others.
The Fund will be open for applications in October this year. I would urge any potential applicants to the Fund to contact the BIG Lottery to talk through their ideas.
As some of you will be aware, a complementary Welsh Assembly Government Fund, is the Community Facilities and Activities Programme, which has recently been reviewed to strengthen its regeneration focus. I am keen to ensure that the Community Facilities and Activities Programme and the Community Asset Transfer Programme complement each other.
Therefore, I have ensured that:
- the Community Asset Transfer Fund will provide capital and revenue grants which will be awarded from one source and fund applications involving the transfer of ownership from Public Sector Bodies,
- In addition to providing general capital funding to enhance local community owned facilities, the Community Facilities and Activities Programme will also continue to fund the transfer of ownership (or lease) of an Asset from Private Sector Bodies, with capital only grants awarded being up to £300,000 over 3 financial years.
I would be happy to make an oral statement if Assembly Members wish me to do so, at the first opportunity in the new session.