Delivering Prudent Healthcare in Wales »Prudent healthcare principles ensure patients receive the most appropriate treatments to achieve mutually-agreed goals.Learn more »
Law to safeguard & strengthen agricultural industry receives Royal Assent
A new Welsh law to protect low paid agricultural workers and strengthen the agricultural industry has been granted Royal Assent by Her Majesty the Queen.
- Local dialysis service making a difference for patients in North West Wales
- Minister meets volunteers helping victims of hate crime
Featured Article »Landmark Social Services law receives Royal Assent
- Law to safeguard & strengthen agricultural industry receives Royal Assent
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Food Hygiene Rating (Promotion of Food Hygiene Ratings) (Wales) Regulations
- Strategic Environmental Assessment: Environmental Report, Ireland Wales cooperation Programme 2014-2020
- Amending the Environmental Damage (Prevention and Remediation) Regulations 2009 to transpose Article 38 of the Offshore Safety Directive
- Statutory Guidance to the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in relation to the salaries of Local Authority Chief Executives
- Active Travel Action Plan
- Statutory Guidance for the Delivery of the Active Travel (Wales) Act 2013
Featured consultation »Draft Technical Advice Note 1: Joint Housing Land Availability Studies
71 days left
Section highlightThe Gender-based Violence, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence (Wales) Bill
The Bill aims to improve the Public Sector response in Wales to gender-based violence, domestic abuse and sexual violence.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - June 2014
Our pipeline provides visibility of infrastructure investment activity across Wales.
1st Supplementary Budget 2014-15 »
The 1st Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the Final Budget for 2014-15, which was published in December 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Written Statement - Welsh Government Location Strategy
Recent coverage of the Welsh Government Location Strategy has raised concerns about the future of our offices across Wales.
I am keen to clarify the position and to confirm that the Welsh Government is committed to retaining jobs in Caernarfon, Carmarthen, Newtown and Llandrindod Wells. We will work with partners, staff and the Trade Unions to ensure that this commitment is delivered in the most cost effective and efficient way.
Where appropriate, we are exploring opportunities for co-location with public sector partners and will work with staff to encourage the best use of our flexible working policies such as hot desking, home working and the use of other Welsh Government buildings.
The distribution of our services across Wales ensures that we remain accessible. We contribute directly to local economies and we provide good quality employment opportunities. It is right therefore that we continue to review regularly our estates needs to ensure that we offer the best possible buildings to support our wider objectives.
The Location Strategy paper will be considered by Cabinet on 26 July. Once agreed, we will progress our consultation with staff and the Trade Unions in respect of opportunities in these key locations.