Contingency planning for winter weather »Severe weather requires robust, collaborative planning between the Welsh Government and the public and private sectors in Wales.Learn more »
Health Minister gives go-ahead for standardised packaging for cigarettes to be introduced in Wales
A new law to introduce standardised packaging for cigarettes and hand rolling tobacco will apply in Wales, Health and Social Services Minister Mark Drakeford has confirmed.
- School Categorisation results published
- Survey on Welsh language use welcomed
- Health Minister gives go-ahead for standardised packaging for cigarettes to be introduced in Wales
- Marine Strategy Framework Directive (MSFD) Consultation – UK Marine Programme of Measures
- Raising the ambitions and educational attainment of children who are looked after in Wales
- Review of requirements for the trading of captive bred birds
- Harmonising school term dates for 2016 to 2017
- Implementation of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 – Consultation on the Regulations and code of practice in relation to part 11 of the Act.
- Implementation of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 - Consultation on the regulations and code of practice in relation to Part 2 of the Act
Featured consultation »Aligning the apprenticeship model to the needs of the Welsh economy
82 days left
Section highlightQualifications Wales BillThe Bill will establish Qualifications Wales as an independent regulator for qualifications and the qualification system in Wales.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update
This 6th edition details over 370 investments across both public and private sectors with a value of more than £40bn.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
- European Social Fund Local Service Board development and priority delivery project
- Evaluation of the Choose Pharmacy common ailments service
- Housing demolitions and hazards
- Regional economic and labour market profiles
- Welsh Government People Survey
- Welsh language use survey
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Written Statement - Support for Organic Farming
The Glastir Independent Review Group recommended that organic farmers in Wales should no longer be eligible for the 50% points discount for entry into the Glastir All Wales Element but should have access to an organic maintenance fund within the scheme. I am committed to implementing this recommendation and to ensuring a sustainable organic sector in Wales.
My officials are supporting organic farmers attending Glastir surgeries to amend their applications to allow entry into the scheme following the removal of the points discount. I have also listened closely to organic sector representatives and following advice from officials have decided to offer extensions to existing Organic Farming Scheme agreement holders to cover the period from the end of their current contracts up to the end of Rural Development Plan (RDP) period (31 Dec 2013).
I have also decided there will be a further application window for the Organic Farming Conversion Scheme later this year and in 2012. These decisions are subject to European Commission approval and are intended to ensure ongoing support to existing organic farmers; enabling organic producers to make longer term planning decisions about the future of their business.
I have instructed my officials to await the publication of the new Rural Development Regulations before submitting to me proposals for a new organic maintenance fund within Glastir for the next RDP period (2014 - 2020). I would expect details of these proposed new arrangements to be available for discussion with the organic sector towards the end of this year.
This statement is being issued during recess in order to keep members informed. Should members wish me to make a further statement or to answer questions on this when the Assembly returns I would be happy to do so.