Delivering Prudent Healthcare in Wales »Prudent healthcare principles ensure patients receive the most appropriate treatments to achieve mutually-agreed goals.Learn more »
More young entrepreneurs share in Jobs Growth Wales success
Jobs Growth Wales has now helped young people to start up 345 new businesses
- Next phase of Cardiff Capital Region Metro revealed
- Changes to moorland classification announced
- More young entrepreneurs share in Jobs Growth Wales success
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Draft Guidance on notifiable event for registered social landlords
- Draft Vision and Objectives and the proposed structure of the Welsh National Marine Plan
- Consultation on Amending The Use of Invalid Carriages on Highways Regulations 1988
- Reservoir Safety in Wales: Consultation on the Commencement of Schedule 4 to the Flood and Water Management Act 2010
- Strategic Environmental Assessment: Environmental Report, Ireland Wales cooperation Programme 2014-2020
- Agricultural Waste Call for Evidence
Featured consultation »Draft guidance on notifiable event for registered social landlords
45 days left
Section highlightThe Well-being of Future Generations (Wales) BillThe Bill strengthens existing governance arrangements for improving the well-being of Wales to ensure that present needs are met without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightWales for Africa grant
The Wales for Africa grant supports projects that build mutually beneficial links between Wales and Sub-Saharan Africa.
1st Supplementary Budget 2014-15 »
The 1st Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the Final Budget for 2014-15, which was published in December 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
- Admission of patients to mental health facilities
- End of foundation phase outcomes and National Curriculum teacher assessment of core subjects at Key Stages 2 and 3 - Revised
- Jobs Growth Wales
- National curriculum teacher assessments of the non-core subjects - Revised
- Patients in mental health hospitals and units
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Written Statement - Support for Organic Farming
The Glastir Independent Review Group recommended that organic farmers in Wales should no longer be eligible for the 50% points discount for entry into the Glastir All Wales Element but should have access to an organic maintenance fund within the scheme. I am committed to implementing this recommendation and to ensuring a sustainable organic sector in Wales.
My officials are supporting organic farmers attending Glastir surgeries to amend their applications to allow entry into the scheme following the removal of the points discount. I have also listened closely to organic sector representatives and following advice from officials have decided to offer extensions to existing Organic Farming Scheme agreement holders to cover the period from the end of their current contracts up to the end of Rural Development Plan (RDP) period (31 Dec 2013).
I have also decided there will be a further application window for the Organic Farming Conversion Scheme later this year and in 2012. These decisions are subject to European Commission approval and are intended to ensure ongoing support to existing organic farmers; enabling organic producers to make longer term planning decisions about the future of their business.
I have instructed my officials to await the publication of the new Rural Development Regulations before submitting to me proposals for a new organic maintenance fund within Glastir for the next RDP period (2014 - 2020). I would expect details of these proposed new arrangements to be available for discussion with the organic sector towards the end of this year.
This statement is being issued during recess in order to keep members informed. Should members wish me to make a further statement or to answer questions on this when the Assembly returns I would be happy to do so.