Report by the Commission on Devolution in Wales »We hope that this Report will give us the foundation for a fundamental reform of the devolution settlement.Learn more »
Jobs Growth Wales ends its second year on a high: Nearly 10,000 job opportunities filled and counting
Deputy Minister for Skills and Technology, Ken Skates, has welcomed latest figures showing Jobs Growth Wales has now created over 12,400 job opportunities, with 9,700 young people filling these jobs.
- Hi-tech system developed in Wales designed to support clinical trials for cell therapy and regenerative medicine
- Lord Mayor of London hears of compelling proposition to attract financial and professional services firms to Wales
Featured Article »Landmark social care Bill passes National Assembly scrutiny
- Jobs Growth Wales ends its second year on a high: Nearly 10,000 job opportunities filled and counting
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Proposals concerning the publication of Sustainable Development Indicators statistical outputs
- Consultation on the regulations to introduce a new Firefighters’ Pension Scheme in Wales from April 2015
- Onshore oil exploration activities: integrated pollution prevention and control
- Statutory Guidance to the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in relation to the salaries of Local Authority Chief Executives
- Consultation on the findings of the report on the Impact and Effect of the Non-Domestic Rating (Definition of Domestic Property) (Wales) Order 2010.
- Achieving high standards together - a new framework for animal health and welfare in Wales
Featured consultation »Curriculum for Wales: Phase 1 - revised literacy and numeracy arrangements
49 days left
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - December 2013
This Wales Infrastructure Investment Plan annex highlights planned investments and potential procurement opportunities.
2nd Supplementary Budget 2013-14 »
The 2nd Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the 1st Supplementary Budget for 2013-14, which was published on 25 June 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Written Statement - Support for Organic Farming
The Glastir Independent Review Group recommended that organic farmers in Wales should no longer be eligible for the 50% points discount for entry into the Glastir All Wales Element but should have access to an organic maintenance fund within the scheme. I am committed to implementing this recommendation and to ensuring a sustainable organic sector in Wales.
My officials are supporting organic farmers attending Glastir surgeries to amend their applications to allow entry into the scheme following the removal of the points discount. I have also listened closely to organic sector representatives and following advice from officials have decided to offer extensions to existing Organic Farming Scheme agreement holders to cover the period from the end of their current contracts up to the end of Rural Development Plan (RDP) period (31 Dec 2013).
I have also decided there will be a further application window for the Organic Farming Conversion Scheme later this year and in 2012. These decisions are subject to European Commission approval and are intended to ensure ongoing support to existing organic farmers; enabling organic producers to make longer term planning decisions about the future of their business.
I have instructed my officials to await the publication of the new Rural Development Regulations before submitting to me proposals for a new organic maintenance fund within Glastir for the next RDP period (2014 - 2020). I would expect details of these proposed new arrangements to be available for discussion with the organic sector towards the end of this year.
This statement is being issued during recess in order to keep members informed. Should members wish me to make a further statement or to answer questions on this when the Assembly returns I would be happy to do so.