Report by the Commission on Devolution in Wales »We hope that this Report will give us the foundation for a fundamental reform of the devolution settlement.Learn more »
Halen Môn is recipe for success, says First Minister
Halen Môn is a unique and successful business which is helping to promote Wales and Anglesey the First Minister, Carwyn Jones, said today on a visit to the company.
- Royal Welch Fusiliers Museum safeguards valuable First World War memories
- Welsh Government support for ex- Remploy workers extended
Featured Article »Landmark social care Bill passes National Assembly scrutiny
- Halen Môn is recipe for success, says First Minister
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Proposals concerning the publication of Sustainable Development Indicators statistical outputs
- Consultation on the regulations to introduce a new Firefighters’ Pension Scheme in Wales from April 2015
- Onshore oil exploration activities: integrated pollution prevention and control
- Statutory Guidance to the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in relation to the salaries of Local Authority Chief Executives
- Consultation on the findings of the report on the Impact and Effect of the Non-Domestic Rating (Definition of Domestic Property) (Wales) Order 2010.
- Proposals for the inshore crustacean fishery - Phase 1
Featured consultation »Curriculum for Wales: Phase 1 - revised literacy and numeracy arrangements
54 days left
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - December 2013
This Wales Infrastructure Investment Plan annex highlights planned investments and potential procurement opportunities.
2nd Supplementary Budget 2013-14 »
The 2nd Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the 1st Supplementary Budget for 2013-14, which was published on 25 June 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Written Statement - WJEC
I have seen the reports released by the Daily Telegraph newspaper regarding examination seminars held by examination boards, in particular the WJEC, during which information regarding future examination topics and questions appears to have been released. These are extremely serious allegations.
As Education Minister I have, this morning, personally spoken to the Chief Executive of the WJEC, who has given me an undertaking that a full and thorough investigation will be carried out. I understand that the individuals at the centre of the Telegraph’s allegations have now been suspended from duties with the WJEC pending the conclusion of this investigation. Since the two individuals concerned are practising teachers, I have asked the GTCW to look into the matter.
My officials have today met with representatives of Ofqual to discuss the allegations made and the investigation that is to be undertaken by Ofqual. The Chief Executive of Ofqual has asked the Daily Telegraph to supply full details of their findings, including video footage and any transcripts and has undertaken to share this evidence with the Welsh Government. The WJEC is co-operating with the regulators, and has provided details of its own investigation
It is critical that our examination system has a high level of integrity, is fair to learners and commands public confidence.
I shall await the outcomes of the current investigations and make a further statement at that stage.