Report by the Commission on Devolution in Wales »We hope that this Report will give us the foundation for a fundamental reform of the devolution settlement.Learn more »
Education Minister's statement on WJEC GCSE English Language unit outcomes from January 2014
The Minister for Education and Skills Huw Lewis has issued a Statement: WJEC GCSE English Language unit outcomes from January 2014.
- Voices of women could be lost in times of austerity Minister warns
- Haven Waterway Enterprise Zone is expanded
Featured Article »Landmark social care Bill completes stage 3 scrutiny
- Education Minister's statement on WJEC GCSE English Language unit outcomes from January 2014
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- EIDCymru: an electronic movement reporting system for sheep and goats - the identification of sheep and the current slaughter derogation
- Achieving high standards together - a new framework for animal health and welfare in Wales
- Proposed amendments to the criminal offences and defences in sections 2, 28 and 42 of the Ancient Monuments and Archaeological Areas Act 1979.
- Revising the national framework for Continuing NHS Healthcare (CHC)
- Phase 1 - Draft Report: Review of Audit, Inspection and Regulation
- Statutory Guidance to the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in relation to the salaries of Local Authority Chief Executives
Featured consultation »A new framework for animal health and welfare in Wales
46 days left
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - December 2013
This Wales Infrastructure Investment Plan annex highlights planned investments and potential procurement opportunities.
2nd Supplementary Budget 2013-14 »
The 2nd Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the 1st Supplementary Budget for 2013-14, which was published on 25 June 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Written Statement - A4e
I issued a written statement on 12 March 2012 regarding A4e, a group of companies that deliver government funded learning and support for non-employed persons throughout the United Kingdom and further afield. The company is subject to a police investigation in respect of suspected fraud by its staff in Berkshire.
I advised that A4e (Wales) Ltd, one of its subsidiary companies, has a £6,101,831 Work Based Learning contract with the Welsh Government for 2011/2012. A4e is also in receipt of European funds through six European Social Fund projects. The total value of these contracts is £6.6m.
The Work Based Learning Programme is subject to audit by the Welsh Government's Provider Assurance and Governance Service (PAGS). An audit of A4e (Wales) Ltd took place in November 2010 and did not identify any errors. However, as a result of the allegations with regard to funds provided by the Department for Work and Pensions in England, PAGS commenced a routine audit on the 5 March 2012. This audit tested activity from November 2010 to the current period and results were consistent with the previous review. No errors were identified and whilst no audit can give absolute assurance, we can place reasonable assurance that A4e (Wales) Ltd is applying the Welsh Government’s Work Based Learning funds in a manner consistent with the purposes for which the funds have been given; and in compliance with the conditions attached to the payment of those funds.
With regard to assurance on the European Social Fund Projects, this work is still ongoing; the Welsh European Funding Office (WEFO) will ensure that the assurance obtained is shared with public funding partners.