Report by the Commission on Devolution in Wales »We hope that this Report will give us the foundation for a fundamental reform of the devolution settlement.Learn more »
Halen Môn is recipe for success, says First Minister
Halen Môn is a unique and successful business which is helping to promote Wales and Anglesey the First Minister, Carwyn Jones, said today on a visit to the company.
- Royal Welch Fusiliers Museum safeguards valuable First World War memories
- Welsh Government support for ex- Remploy workers extended
Featured Article »Landmark social care Bill passes National Assembly scrutiny
- Halen Môn is recipe for success, says First Minister
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Proposals concerning the publication of Sustainable Development Indicators statistical outputs
- Consultation on the regulations to introduce a new Firefighters’ Pension Scheme in Wales from April 2015
- Onshore oil exploration activities: integrated pollution prevention and control
- Statutory Guidance to the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in relation to the salaries of Local Authority Chief Executives
- Consultation on the findings of the report on the Impact and Effect of the Non-Domestic Rating (Definition of Domestic Property) (Wales) Order 2010.
- TB compensation
Featured consultation »Curriculum for Wales: Phase 1 - revised literacy and numeracy arrangements
54 days left
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - December 2013
This Wales Infrastructure Investment Plan annex highlights planned investments and potential procurement opportunities.
2nd Supplementary Budget 2013-14 »
The 2nd Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the 1st Supplementary Budget for 2013-14, which was published on 25 June 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Written Statement - Community Transport Concessionary Fares Initiative
The Community Transport Concessionary Fares Initiative has been in operation as a pilot scheme for six years, and it was due to end on 31 March 2012.
The evaluation of the scheme has evidenced significant issues with our continuing to fund the entirety of the scheme on the present basis.
However, I am aware that each of these schemes is a distinct, individual project and I believe it important that we now examine the projects independently to look at the benefits each scheme provides and whether there are alternative funding sources available.
Different avenues of funding are available for some of the schemes, particularly those that are suited to being registered as demand responsive services under Section 22 permits, which means they would be eligible for funding from the All-Wales Concessionary Fare Scheme.
Therefore, I have decided that the funding of the projects will not end in March but will continue whilst this further evaluation takes place. I have written to each of the 15 schemes informing them of this decision.
My officials have been in touch with each of the schemes to take this work forward. This will take place over the next few months.
I will make a further announcement when I have considered the findings from this evaluation.