Delivering Prudent Healthcare in Wales »Prudent healthcare principles ensure patients receive the most appropriate treatments to achieve mutually-agreed goals.Learn more »
Minister wishes Team Wales ‘Pob Lwc’ ahead of the Commonwealth Games
Natural Resources, Culture and Sport Minister John Griffiths has wished Team Wales the very best of luck for the Commonwealth Games.
- Proxima to create up to 68 new jobs in Wales
- Call for evidence as review begins into role of Children’s Commissioner
Featured Article »Landmark Social Services law receives Royal Assent
- Minister wishes Team Wales ‘Pob Lwc’ ahead of the Commonwealth Games
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Renting Homes – Illustrative Model Contract
- Registration fees for the education workforce in Wales
- Consultation on Draft Technical Advice Note (TAN) 1: Joint Housing Land Availability Studies (JHLAS)
- Statutory Guidance to the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in relation to the salaries of Local Authority Chief Executives
- Legislative proposals for Additional Learning Needs – White paper
- The Ireland Wales Cooperation Programme 2014-2020
Featured consultation »Draft Technical Advice Note 1: Joint Housing Land Availability Studies
78 days left
Section highlightThe Gender-based Violence, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence (Wales) Bill
The Bill aims to improve the Public Sector response in Wales to gender-based violence, domestic abuse and sexual violence.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - June 2014
Our pipeline provides visibility of infrastructure investment activity across Wales.
1st Supplementary Budget 2014-15 »
The 1st Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the Final Budget for 2014-15, which was published in December 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Written Statement - Setting up a Welsh Co-operative and Mutuals Commission
I am advising Assembly Members that as 2012 is the UN International Year of Co-operatives I have set up a Welsh Co-operative and Mutuals Commission (the Commission), under the Chairmanship of Professor Andrew Davies, Swansea University’s Strategic Adviser.
- Consider the evidence for supporting the co-operative and mutual sector in Wales;
- Consider existing business advice for the co-operative and mutual sector and provide suggestions on how this might be strengthened;
- Identify specific areas that might be targeted for additional support by the Welsh Government;
- Consider best practice and evaluations that may be available;
- Set out a vision for the co-operative and mutual economy in Wales;
- Identify and establish benchmarks; and
- Provide suggestions on strategic direction and practical recommendations for the achievement of the vision.
I will make a further announcement on the membership of the Commission after the summer recess.