Help to Buy – Wales Shared Equity Scheme »This shared equity loan will make up the shortfall between the purchase price of a property and the funding available to buyers through their cash deposit and mortgage offer.Learn more »
“Autumn Statement has done little to change the challenging public finance outlook for Wales” – Jane Hutt
Wales’ Finance Minister Jane Hutt has responded to the UK Government’s Autumn Statement – saying that it has done little to change the challenging public finance outlook for Wales.
- New guidance on care and support for over 65s
- Independent report revealed at the Event Wales International Conference 2013 outlines positive impact of games and events for Wales
- “Autumn Statement has done little to change the challenging public finance outlook for Wales” – Jane Hutt
- Consultation on Regional engagement partnership structures in the tourism sector
- Implementation of Commission Directive 2013/45/EU concerning the change to the botanical name of tomato
- School term dates regulations
- Beyond 2011: Consultation on Census and future provision of population statistics in England and Wales
- M4 Corridor around Newport Consultation
- Undertaking fatal and non-fatal drug poisoning reviews in Wales
Featured consultation »New guidance for the Risk Assessment of Walked Routes to School
62 days left
In this section
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - December 2013
This Wales Infrastructure Investment Plan annex highlights planned investments and potential procurement opportunities.
Final Budget 2014-15 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2014-15 is £14.9bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Written Statement - Allocation of Gypsy and Traveller Sites Grant 2011-12
In December 2011 I agreed to allocate funding for local authorities who were successful in applying for grant funding under the Gypsy and Traveller Sites Grant 2011-12.
In July 2011, I launched the fifth year of the Gypsy and Traveller Sites Grant Programme. Local authorities were invited to submit applications for a share of the £2 million capital grant.
The grant previously covered 75% of the project costs with the local authorities contributing the remaining 25%. In 2011-12 I increased the grant to cover 100% of the project costs.
In total 6 applications were received from 6 local authorities totalling £4,343,570 and three applications were assessed by officials to be suitable for grant funding.
Officials were unable to approve the remaining 3 applications as they did not meet the grant assessment criteria. A number of these had not secured the relevant permissions including planning permission, which is a fundamental requirement of a successful applicant.
Officials will continue to work with local authorities to enable applicants to submit effective and robust applications under this programme.
The funding agreed is for the refurbishment of 3 local authority Gypsy and Traveller sites, one each in the areas of Carmarthenshire, Merthyr Tydfil and Swansea. This element of funding agreed comes to a total of £1,244,210.
I also agreed that an additional £171,600 should be awarded to Powys Council Borough Council for the completion of an existing refurbishment problem which has encountered unforeseen work and expenses beyond the initial planned contingencies.
The new project funding for 2011-12 totals £1.4 million. Combined with outstanding payments worth £400,000 to be made to on going refurbishment projects from 2010-11 there is a total anticipated expenditure for the Gypsy and Traveller Sites Grant of £1.8 million in this financial year.
Fundamental living facilities will be brought up to decent habitable standard as a result of this grant funding and includes work such as the installation of security and street lighting, new amenity blocks and living space, the refurbishment of sanitation and facilities, drainage works and play areas.
This will bring some parity for Gypsy and Traveller site residents with the settled population living in local authority housing. The improvements will improve health and safety on site as well as increasing hygiene and general living standards within a population which experiences a high level of accidents and infant mortality rates and low life expectancy.
Works detailed in the proposals must be completed by the end of March 2012.