Report by the Commission on Devolution in Wales »We hope that this Report will give us the foundation for a fundamental reform of the devolution settlement.Learn more »
Halen Môn is recipe for success, says First Minister
Halen Môn is a unique and successful business which is helping to promote Wales and Anglesey the First Minister, Carwyn Jones, said today on a visit to the company.
- Royal Welch Fusiliers Museum safeguards valuable First World War memories
- Welsh Government support for ex- Remploy workers extended
Featured Article »Landmark social care Bill passes National Assembly scrutiny
- Halen Môn is recipe for success, says First Minister
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Proposals concerning the publication of Sustainable Development Indicators statistical outputs
- Consultation on the regulations to introduce a new Firefighters’ Pension Scheme in Wales from April 2015
- Onshore oil exploration activities: integrated pollution prevention and control
- Statutory Guidance to the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in relation to the salaries of Local Authority Chief Executives
- Consultation on the findings of the report on the Impact and Effect of the Non-Domestic Rating (Definition of Domestic Property) (Wales) Order 2010.
- TB compensation
Featured consultation »Curriculum for Wales: Phase 1 - revised literacy and numeracy arrangements
54 days left
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - December 2013
This Wales Infrastructure Investment Plan annex highlights planned investments and potential procurement opportunities.
2nd Supplementary Budget 2013-14 »
The 2nd Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the 1st Supplementary Budget for 2013-14, which was published on 25 June 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Written Statement - Progress with Housing Targets for term of Government
Huw Lewis, Minister for Housing, Regeneration and Heritage
My Housing White Paper set out a bold legislative and non-legislative programme and a wide ranging set of proposals. It will result in more homes, improvements to existing homes, better housing and housing-related services.
To underpin this, earlier this year, I set an ambitious target of 7,500 additional affordable homes to be delivered in Wales during the term of our Government.
I am pleased to announce that during 2011-12, local authorities reported 2,489 additional affordable homes were delivered across Wales. This is a very strong start towards this target and clearly demonstrates the commitment we have made to achieve these targets as well as the commitment of the housing sector in delivering them.
The majority (62 per cent) of the additional affordable housing units delivered during 2011-12 were funded with capital grants and Welsh Registered Social Landlords (RSLs) continued to make the largest contribution to additional affordable housing in Wales.
These new homes are a clear signal of our continued commitment to housing and how we intend to innovate and work together to deliver housing that is affordable, of a good standard and is accessible to a range of people’s needs.