Contingency planning for winter weather »Severe weather requires robust, collaborative planning between the Welsh Government and the public and private sectors in Wales.Learn more »
Health Minister gives go-ahead for standardised packaging for cigarettes to be introduced in Wales
A new law to introduce standardised packaging for cigarettes and hand rolling tobacco will apply in Wales, Health and Social Services Minister Mark Drakeford has confirmed.
- School Categorisation results published
- Survey on Welsh language use welcomed
- Health Minister gives go-ahead for standardised packaging for cigarettes to be introduced in Wales
- Marine Strategy Framework Directive (MSFD) Consultation – UK Marine Programme of Measures
- Raising the ambitions and educational attainment of children who are looked after in Wales
- Review of requirements for the trading of captive bred birds
- Harmonising school term dates for 2016 to 2017
- Implementation of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 – Consultation on the Regulations and code of practice in relation to part 11 of the Act.
- Implementation of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 - Consultation on the regulations and code of practice in relation to Part 2 of the Act
Featured consultation »Aligning the apprenticeship model to the needs of the Welsh economy
83 days left
Section highlightQualifications Wales BillThe Bill will establish Qualifications Wales as an independent regulator for qualifications and the qualification system in Wales.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update
This 6th edition details over 370 investments across both public and private sectors with a value of more than £40bn.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
- European Social Fund Local Service Board development and priority delivery project
- Evaluation of the Choose Pharmacy common ailments service
- Housing demolitions and hazards
- Regional economic and labour market profiles
- Welsh Government People Survey
- Welsh language use survey
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Written Statement - Progress with Housing Targets for term of Government
Tell us if you want any of the documents on this page in an alternative format.
Huw Lewis, Minister for Housing, Regeneration and Heritage
My Housing White Paper set out a bold legislative and non-legislative programme and a wide ranging set of proposals. It will result in more homes, improvements to existing homes, better housing and housing-related services.
To underpin this, earlier this year, I set an ambitious target of 7,500 additional affordable homes to be delivered in Wales during the term of our Government.
I am pleased to announce that during 2011-12, local authorities reported 2,489 additional affordable homes were delivered across Wales. This is a very strong start towards this target and clearly demonstrates the commitment we have made to achieve these targets as well as the commitment of the housing sector in delivering them.
The majority (62 per cent) of the additional affordable housing units delivered during 2011-12 were funded with capital grants and Welsh Registered Social Landlords (RSLs) continued to make the largest contribution to additional affordable housing in Wales.
These new homes are a clear signal of our continued commitment to housing and how we intend to innovate and work together to deliver housing that is affordable, of a good standard and is accessible to a range of people’s needs.