Report by the Commission on Devolution in Wales »We hope that this Report will give us the foundation for a fundamental reform of the devolution settlement.Learn more »
Halen Môn is recipe for success, says First Minister
Halen Môn is a unique and successful business which is helping to promote Wales and Anglesey the First Minister, Carwyn Jones, said today on a visit to the company.
- Royal Welch Fusiliers Museum safeguards valuable First World War memories
- Welsh Government support for ex- Remploy workers extended
Featured Article »Landmark social care Bill passes National Assembly scrutiny
- Halen Môn is recipe for success, says First Minister
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Proposals concerning the publication of Sustainable Development Indicators statistical outputs
- Consultation on the regulations to introduce a new Firefighters’ Pension Scheme in Wales from April 2015
- Onshore oil exploration activities: integrated pollution prevention and control
- Statutory Guidance to the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in relation to the salaries of Local Authority Chief Executives
- Consultation on the findings of the report on the Impact and Effect of the Non-Domestic Rating (Definition of Domestic Property) (Wales) Order 2010.
- Proposals for the inshore crustacean fishery - Phase 1
Featured consultation »Curriculum for Wales: Phase 1 - revised literacy and numeracy arrangements
57 days left
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - December 2013
This Wales Infrastructure Investment Plan annex highlights planned investments and potential procurement opportunities.
2nd Supplementary Budget 2013-14 »
The 2nd Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the 1st Supplementary Budget for 2013-14, which was published on 25 June 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Written Statement - Life Sciences Wales Investment Fund
Today I announced a Welsh Life Sciences Fund, to transform the Life Sciences sector in Wales. The Life Sciences Wales Investment Fund will be a dedicated equity fund worth up to £100 Million to invest into life sciences businesses located in Wales.
The Fund is designed to ensure that Life Sciences businesses can start and grow in Wales. It will capture the commercial potential of the significant investment being made by the Welsh Government into Science R&D in Wales.
Wales already has a promising Life Sciences sector, which is worth at least £1.3 Billion to the Welsh economy. Investments made by the Fund will enable businesses to grow faster and further by developing, for example, innovative technologies and therapies for the NHS and bringing them quickly to market. This should reduce costs and improve patient care.
The Fund complements the Welsh Government’s new science strategy ‘Science for Wales - a strategic agenda for science and innovation in Wales’, which was launched yesterday by the First Minister and included an additional £50 Million for Science R&D in Welsh universities over the next five years. The Welsh Government also invests over £40 Million in NHS Wales R&D every year. The Fund will ensure that commercial outcomes from this R&D investment are retained in Wales.
The Welsh Government is putting £25 Million into the Fund immediately, to enable the Fund to make its first investments into businesses this year.
Our Life Sciences Panel anticipates the Fund will attract match funding from the private sector. A dedicated Investment Panel and Fund Management Team will be recruited shortly. These will be experienced life sciences investors with a proven track record of success at an UK and global level.