Green Growth Wales »The proposed Green Growth Wales fund aims to increase and accelerate projects to deliver green investment in Wales.Learn more »
Alert Logic’s new Security Operations Centre launches in Cardiff and joins growing cluster of ‘cyber security’ firms
Economy Minister Edwina Hart officially unveiled Alert Logic’s new state-of-the-art European HQ and Security Operations Centre in Cardiff
- Stay safe online! Minister launches new E-Safety Tools & Resources
- Consultation into Public Service Staff Commission opens
- Alert Logic’s new Security Operations Centre launches in Cardiff and joins growing cluster of ‘cyber security’ firms
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Human Transplantation (Wales) Act 2013: new regulations
- Devolution, Democracy and Delivery White Paper – Public Services Staff Commission
- The development of an energy efficiency strategy for Wales
- Food Hygiene Rating (Promotion of Food Hygiene Ratings) (Wales) Regulations
- Smoke-free private vehicles carrying children
- Extending access to intermediary services for descendants and relatives of adopted people
Section highlightHousing (Wales) Act 2014The Act introduces significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightWales for Africa grant
The Wales for Africa grant supports projects that build mutually beneficial links between Wales and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Draft Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
- Affordable housing provision
- Assembly Learning Grants (ALG) awarded to Welsh domiciled further education students
- Delayed transfers of care
- Evaluation of the Education Maintenance Allowance and Assembly Learning Grant
- Great Britain Day Visits Survey
- Great Britain Tourism Survey
- Jobs Growth Wales
- Reserves held by schools
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Written Statement - Life Sciences Wales Investment Fund
Today I announced a Welsh Life Sciences Fund, to transform the Life Sciences sector in Wales. The Life Sciences Wales Investment Fund will be a dedicated equity fund worth up to £100 Million to invest into life sciences businesses located in Wales.
The Fund is designed to ensure that Life Sciences businesses can start and grow in Wales. It will capture the commercial potential of the significant investment being made by the Welsh Government into Science R&D in Wales.
Wales already has a promising Life Sciences sector, which is worth at least £1.3 Billion to the Welsh economy. Investments made by the Fund will enable businesses to grow faster and further by developing, for example, innovative technologies and therapies for the NHS and bringing them quickly to market. This should reduce costs and improve patient care.
The Fund complements the Welsh Government’s new science strategy ‘Science for Wales - a strategic agenda for science and innovation in Wales’, which was launched yesterday by the First Minister and included an additional £50 Million for Science R&D in Welsh universities over the next five years. The Welsh Government also invests over £40 Million in NHS Wales R&D every year. The Fund will ensure that commercial outcomes from this R&D investment are retained in Wales.
The Welsh Government is putting £25 Million into the Fund immediately, to enable the Fund to make its first investments into businesses this year.
Our Life Sciences Panel anticipates the Fund will attract match funding from the private sector. A dedicated Investment Panel and Fund Management Team will be recruited shortly. These will be experienced life sciences investors with a proven track record of success at an UK and global level.