Delivering Prudent Healthcare in Wales »Prudent healthcare principles ensure patients receive the most appropriate treatments to achieve mutually-agreed goals.Learn more »
More young entrepreneurs share in Jobs Growth Wales success
Jobs Growth Wales has now helped young people to start up 345 new businesses
- Next phase of Cardiff Capital Region Metro revealed
- Changes to moorland classification announced
- More young entrepreneurs share in Jobs Growth Wales success
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Draft Undertaking Gypsy and Traveller Accommodation Assessments guidance
- Draft Designing Gypsy and Traveller Sites in Wales guidance
- Draft Managing Gypsy and Traveller Sites in Wales guidance
- Reservoir Safety in Wales: Consultation on the Commencement of Schedule 4 to the Flood and Water Management Act 2010
- Strategic Environmental Assessment: Environmental Report, Ireland Wales cooperation Programme 2014-2020
- Agricultural Waste Call for Evidence
Featured consultation »Draft guidance on notifiable event for registered social landlords
41 days left
Section highlightThe Well-being of Future Generations (Wales) BillThe Bill strengthens existing governance arrangements for improving the well-being of Wales to ensure that present needs are met without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightWales for Africa grant
The Wales for Africa grant supports projects that build mutually beneficial links between Wales and Sub-Saharan Africa.
1st Supplementary Budget 2014-15 »
The 1st Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the Final Budget for 2014-15, which was published in December 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
- Admission of patients to mental health facilities
- End of foundation phase outcomes and National Curriculum teacher assessment of core subjects at Key Stages 2 and 3 - Revised
- Jobs Growth Wales
- National curriculum teacher assessments of the non-core subjects - Revised
- Patients in mental health hospitals and units
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Written Statement - Life Sciences Wales Investment Fund
Today I announced a Welsh Life Sciences Fund, to transform the Life Sciences sector in Wales. The Life Sciences Wales Investment Fund will be a dedicated equity fund worth up to £100 Million to invest into life sciences businesses located in Wales.
The Fund is designed to ensure that Life Sciences businesses can start and grow in Wales. It will capture the commercial potential of the significant investment being made by the Welsh Government into Science R&D in Wales.
Wales already has a promising Life Sciences sector, which is worth at least £1.3 Billion to the Welsh economy. Investments made by the Fund will enable businesses to grow faster and further by developing, for example, innovative technologies and therapies for the NHS and bringing them quickly to market. This should reduce costs and improve patient care.
The Fund complements the Welsh Government’s new science strategy ‘Science for Wales - a strategic agenda for science and innovation in Wales’, which was launched yesterday by the First Minister and included an additional £50 Million for Science R&D in Welsh universities over the next five years. The Welsh Government also invests over £40 Million in NHS Wales R&D every year. The Fund will ensure that commercial outcomes from this R&D investment are retained in Wales.
The Welsh Government is putting £25 Million into the Fund immediately, to enable the Fund to make its first investments into businesses this year.
Our Life Sciences Panel anticipates the Fund will attract match funding from the private sector. A dedicated Investment Panel and Fund Management Team will be recruited shortly. These will be experienced life sciences investors with a proven track record of success at an UK and global level.