Contingency planning for winter weather »Severe weather requires robust, collaborative planning between the Welsh Government and the public and private sectors in Wales.Learn more »
New powers to safeguard vulnerable children and adults in Wales
A legal obligation to report any child or adult believed to be at risk of abuse or neglect will be implemented in Wales in 2016, Health and Social Services Minister Mark Drakeford today announced.
- “Get vaccinated against the flu”, Wales’ top doctor urges
- 0808 80 10 800 - 24 hour help for domestic abuse victims
- New powers to safeguard vulnerable children and adults in Wales
- Designation of Licensing authority under Part 1 of the Housing (Wales) Act 2014
- Flood and Coast Investment Programme (FaCIP)
- Local authority environmental permitting fees and charges 2015-16
- Adoption and Children Act 2002 (Joint Adoption Arrangements)(Wales) Directions 2015
- Independent Living Fund – future arrangements to support recipients in Wales
- Consultation on Local Development Plans Process Review
Section highlightQualifications Wales BillThe Bill will establish Qualifications Wales as an independent regulator for qualifications and the qualification system in Wales.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update
This 6th edition details over 370 investments across both public and private sectors with a value of more than £40bn.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Written Statement - Referral of Ofcom’s Welsh Language Scheme to Welsh Ministers under section 14 of the Welsh Language Act 1993
I have today written to the Welsh Language Board and Ofcom to inform both parties that I have decided to exercise the Welsh Ministers’ powers under section 14(4) of the 1993 Act and requested both parties to try to reach agreement on the terms of Ofcom’s Welsh language scheme within one month of the date of the letter.
If agreement cannot be reached, I am minded to exercise Welsh Ministers’ powers under section 14(5) of the 1993 Act to impose a scheme which includes an appropriately worded measure about Ofcom considering the Welsh language when carrying out its functions involving services to the public, both generally and including as an aspect of “local material” in the Localness Guidelines.