Contingency planning for winter weather »Severe weather requires robust, collaborative planning between the Welsh Government and the public and private sectors in Wales.Learn more »
Health Minister gives go-ahead for standardised packaging for cigarettes to be introduced in Wales
A new law to introduce standardised packaging for cigarettes and hand rolling tobacco will apply in Wales, Health and Social Services Minister Mark Drakeford has confirmed.
- School Categorisation results published
- Survey on Welsh language use welcomed
- Health Minister gives go-ahead for standardised packaging for cigarettes to be introduced in Wales
- Marine Strategy Framework Directive (MSFD) Consultation – UK Marine Programme of Measures
- Raising the ambitions and educational attainment of children who are looked after in Wales
- Review of requirements for the trading of captive bred birds
- Harmonising school term dates for 2016 to 2017
- Implementation of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 – Consultation on the Regulations and code of practice in relation to part 11 of the Act.
- Implementation of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 - Consultation on the regulations and code of practice in relation to Part 2 of the Act
Featured consultation »Aligning the apprenticeship model to the needs of the Welsh economy
82 days left
Section highlightQualifications Wales BillThe Bill will establish Qualifications Wales as an independent regulator for qualifications and the qualification system in Wales.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update
This 6th edition details over 370 investments across both public and private sectors with a value of more than £40bn.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
- European Social Fund Local Service Board development and priority delivery project
- Evaluation of the Choose Pharmacy common ailments service
- Housing demolitions and hazards
- Regional economic and labour market profiles
- Welsh Government People Survey
- Welsh language use survey
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Written Statement - Sheep Electronic Identification (EID): Development of an electronic movement reporting system for sheep
I recently announced my intention to establish an electronic reporting system for sheep movements to considerably strengthen our management of this important issue. I have today decided that, on behalf of the farming industry in Wales, the Welsh Government will invest in a Welsh electronic reporting system incorporating an individual database.
I have decided that Welsh interests will be best served by investing in our own database which, through Government working in true partnership with the industry, will deliver an efficient system of tracing sheep and provide opportunities to improve profitability.
Having taken this strategic decision, work will now begin to gather and finalise the specific requirements of the new system. The partnership approach which I consider so important and which I outlined in my response to Gareth Williams’ Working Smarter report, will be critical and I urge the industry to engage and make demands of the new system to ensure that it delivers for the industry and for Wales.
I have asked my officials to look carefully at all the benefits that a Welsh system can provide to include reassessing whether the current EID slaughter derogation remains appropriate alongside a central sheep database. I look forward to making further detailed announcements later in 2012.