Report by the Commission on Devolution in Wales »We hope that this Report will give us the foundation for a fundamental reform of the devolution settlement.Learn more »
£68million improvements to A477 brings benefits to the economy, tourism and local communities
A £68million scheme to improve the A477 between St Clears and Red Roses has been officially opened by Transport Minister Edwina Hart.
- Royal Welch Fusiliers Museum safeguards valuable First World War memories
- Welsh Government to fund Welsh Health workers to volunteer in Africa
Featured Article »Landmark social care Bill passes National Assembly scrutiny
- £68million improvements to A477 brings benefits to the economy, tourism and local communities
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Proposals concerning the publication of Sustainable Development Indicators statistical outputs
- Consultation on the regulations to introduce a new Firefighters’ Pension Scheme in Wales from April 2015
- Onshore oil exploration activities: integrated pollution prevention and control
- Statutory Guidance to the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in relation to the salaries of Local Authority Chief Executives
- Consultation on the findings of the report on the Impact and Effect of the Non-Domestic Rating (Definition of Domestic Property) (Wales) Order 2010.
- Proposals for the inshore crustacean fishery - Phase 1
Featured consultation »Curriculum for Wales: Phase 1 - revised literacy and numeracy arrangements
58 days left
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - December 2013
This Wales Infrastructure Investment Plan annex highlights planned investments and potential procurement opportunities.
2nd Supplementary Budget 2013-14 »
The 2nd Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the 1st Supplementary Budget for 2013-14, which was published on 25 June 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Written Statement - Yes Loans Ltd.
I am writing to provide an update on recent events regarding Yes Loans Ltd, Cwmbran.
Following a longstanding investigation by the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) into unfair business practices at Yes Loans, the OFT announced on 8 March its decision to revoke the company’s consumer credit license.
Yes Loans is an unsecured credit broker, providing 'pay day loans', Personal Protection Insurance and managing claims activity. The company employs some 520 staff at its Cwmbran offices.
The decision to revoke the license was taken in light of evidence that Yes Loans has failed to comply with the Consumer Credit Act 1974, associated regulations and with requirements previously imposed by the OFT. It is possible for the company to appeal this decision and can continue trading throughout any appeals process.
We are working closely with the company as this issue develops and stand ready to provide support for its workforce should there be any adverse impact on jobs.