Review of the legislation managing the Welsh crustacean fisheries »The crustacean fisheries are the mainstay of the Welsh fishing industry, with £3.8 million worth of crustaceans landed into Wales in 2012.Learn more »
First Minister news conference
First Minister Carwyn Jones has held a press conference following the outcome of the Scottish Referendum result.
- Extra Safe Routes in Communities funding for Bridgend schools
- Ground-breaking North Wales clothing export centre opened
- First Minister news conference
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Inappropriate admissions guidance
- Draft guidance on housing association board member remuneration
- Smoke-free private vehicles carrying children
- Reservoir Safety in Wales: Consultation on the Commencement of Schedule 4 to the Flood and Water Management Act 2010
- Amending the Environmental Damage (Prevention and Remediation) Regulations 2009 to transpose Article 38 of the Offshore Safety Directive
- Devolution, Democracy and Delivery White Paper – Reforming Local Government
Featured consultation »Draft guidance on notifiable event for registered social landlords
22 days left
Section highlightHousing (Wales) Act 2014The Act introduces significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightWales for Africa grant
The Wales for Africa grant supports projects that build mutually beneficial links between Wales and Sub-Saharan Africa.
1st Supplementary Budget 2014-15 »
The 1st Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the Final Budget for 2014-15, which was published in December 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Written Statement - Young Entrant Support Scheme Year 2012-13 - Approval to Award Grant Payments from the YESS Budget.
Interest in the third year of the scheme was very strong, and the quality of the proposed projects was again of a very high standard. Offer letters have been issued and following confirmation of agreements, full details regarding the number of successful applicants will be announced.
The continued support for this scheme shows this Government’s determination to support youth entrepreneurship and inter-generational change, to help secure a vibrant future for Welsh agriculture.
I also wish to inform Members that the annual Brynle Williams Memorial Award to recognise our former colleague’s contribution to Welsh agriculture, both as Assembly Member and a farmer will be held again this year. The winner of the award will be selected from the successful applicants to the second year of the YESS scheme and will be announced at this year’s Royal Welsh Agricultural Show. I think it most apt that this award will go to a young farmer as it reflects Brynle’s unwavering support for the Welsh agricultural industry and his belief in our young people to deliver a successful future for the farming sector in this country.