Report by the Commission on Devolution in Wales »We hope that this Report will give us the foundation for a fundamental reform of the devolution settlement.Learn more »
Third round of Enterprise Zones Business Rates Scheme opens
Businesses in the seven Welsh Enterprise Zones are being invited to bid for more than £3 million in the latest round of a Welsh Government Business Rate scheme.
- Welsh Ministers take hard line to end FGM in Wales
- NHS Wales Awards 2014 Finalists Announced
Featured Article »Landmark social care Bill completes stage 3 scrutiny
- Third round of Enterprise Zones Business Rates Scheme opens
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Consultation on the Statutory Guidance on Securing Sufficient Play Opportunities
- EIDCymru: an electronic movement reporting system for sheep and goats - the identification of sheep and the current slaughter derogation
- Achieving high standards together - a new framework for animal health and welfare in Wales
- Revising the national framework for Continuing NHS Healthcare (CHC)
- Phase 1 - Draft Report: Review of Audit, Inspection and Regulation
- Statutory Guidance to the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in relation to the salaries of Local Authority Chief Executives
Featured consultation »A new framework for animal health and welfare in Wales
45 days left
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - December 2013
This Wales Infrastructure Investment Plan annex highlights planned investments and potential procurement opportunities.
2nd Supplementary Budget 2013-14 »
The 2nd Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the 1st Supplementary Budget for 2013-14, which was published on 25 June 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Our Management Structure
Permanent Secretary and the Board
We are a complex organisation working on improving many aspects of Welsh life. Whilst Derek Jones leads our organisation as a whole, our individual departments are grouped under Directors General and Directors. Together with our Non-Executive Directors, our Director General Team make up the Board chaired by Derek Jones. Our Board takes the key strategic decisions about how our organisation is developed to support Cabinet and Ministers now and in the future and also ensures that we deliver what Ministers expect.
Our Board Sub-Committees are another part of how we make important decisions about our work. We have 2 Sub-Committees that advise the Board on key issues such as Corporate Governance and the management of the Senior Civil Service.
Our Board is also supported by the Operations Group. The Operations Group helps us to improve how our organisation is run. Its main job is to ensure we are working as efficiently and effectively as possible. The Operations Group takes important decisions about our day to day management, allowing the Board to focus on working strategically in support of Ministers.
Senior Civil Service
On 01 September 2012, there were 123 substantive members of the Senior Civil Service in the Welsh Government working in all our departments. They are our Directors General, Directors and Deputy Directors. Members of the Home Civil Service are appointed on merit, you can read about their roles and responsibilities in Related Links.