Contingency planning for winter weather »Severe weather requires robust, collaborative planning between the Welsh Government and the public and private sectors in Wales.Learn more »
Fewer people dying from diabetes in Wales – new report
The number of people dying from diabetes-related conditions in Wales continues to fall
- Consultation launched on future of Welsh apprenticeships
- Minister takes action to protect Wales’ social housing stock
- Fewer people dying from diabetes in Wales – new report
- Aligning the apprenticeship model to the needs of the Welsh economy
- Consultation on the future of Right to Buy and Right to Acquire – a White Paper for social housing.
- The designation of higher education courses at alternative providers for the purpose of student support
- Health Standards Framework
- Age of sale for nicotine inhaling products: draft regulations
- Revised Child Poverty Strategy for Wales
Featured consultation »Age of sale for nicotine inhaling products: draft regulations
2 days left
Section highlightQualifications Wales BillThe Bill will establish Qualifications Wales as an independent regulator for qualifications and the qualification system in Wales.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update
This 6th edition details over 370 investments across both public and private sectors with a value of more than £40bn.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
First Minister of Wales
The First Minister of Wales is the leader of the Welsh Government and is appointed by HM the Queen following nomination by Assembly Members.
The First Minister's responsibilities include:
- Appointing the Cabinet of Welsh Ministers, Deputy Ministers and the Counsel General (with the approval of Her Majesty) who comprise the Welsh Government;
- Chairing Cabinet meetings and exercising the functions of the Welsh Government;
- Leading policy development and delivery;
- Managing relationships with the rest of the UK and internationally;
- Representing the people of Wales on official business;
The official office of the First Minister is in Ty Hywel and the Senedd in Cardiff Bay. An office is also kept at the Crown Buildings in Cathays Park, Cardiff, where nearly half of all Welsh Government civil servants are based.
You can contact Carwyn Jones by email at: email@example.com (We aim to provide a response to all correspondence to the First Minister within 17 working days.)
- Premier of Québec and First Minister of Wales witness historic life sciences link between Wales and Québec
- Premier of Québec, Philippe Couillard and First Minister of Wales Carwyn Jones visit Canadian based CGI office in Bridgend
- 3D printed replica of Hedd Wyn’s iconic Y Gadair Ddu (The Black Chair) to be unveiled by First Minister
- Over 300 derelict properties back into use in Carmarthenshire