Contingency planning for winter weather »Severe weather requires robust, collaborative planning between the Welsh Government and the public and private sectors in Wales.Learn more »
Health Minister gives go-ahead for standardised packaging for cigarettes to be introduced in Wales
A new law to introduce standardised packaging for cigarettes and hand rolling tobacco will apply in Wales, Health and Social Services Minister Mark Drakeford has confirmed.
- School Categorisation results published
- Survey on Welsh language use welcomed
- Health Minister gives go-ahead for standardised packaging for cigarettes to be introduced in Wales
- Marine Strategy Framework Directive (MSFD) Consultation – UK Marine Programme of Measures
- Raising the ambitions and educational attainment of children who are looked after in Wales
- Review of requirements for the trading of captive bred birds
- Harmonising school term dates for 2016 to 2017
- Implementation of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 – Consultation on the Regulations and code of practice in relation to part 11 of the Act.
- Implementation of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 - Consultation on the regulations and code of practice in relation to Part 2 of the Act
Featured consultation »Aligning the apprenticeship model to the needs of the Welsh economy
82 days left
Section highlightQualifications Wales BillThe Bill will establish Qualifications Wales as an independent regulator for qualifications and the qualification system in Wales.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update
This 6th edition details over 370 investments across both public and private sectors with a value of more than £40bn.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
- European Social Fund Local Service Board development and priority delivery project
- Evaluation of the Choose Pharmacy common ailments service
- Housing demolitions and hazards
- Regional economic and labour market profiles
- Welsh Government People Survey
- Welsh language use survey
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
- Growth & Sustainable Jobs
- Public Services in Wales
- 21st Century Healthcare
- Supporting People
- Welsh Homes
- Safer Communities for All
- Tackling Poverty
- Rural Communities
- Environment & Sustainability
- Culture & Heritage of Wales
The Programme for Government is our plan of action. It represents a real commitment to delivery, measured by the impact government is actually having on people's lives.
The Welsh Government has been standing up for Wales during very tough times. We will continue to secure the recovery by taking the right decisions to modernise and reform public services in the interests of every Welsh citizen.
This Programme for Government Report 2014 provides a clear and detailed account of how the Welsh Government and our public service partners are delivering for the people of Wales.
Programme for government
The Programme for Government is our roadmap for this Assembly term. It represents a real commitment to delivery, and a move away from an approach to measuring success that placed too much emphasis on the amount of money spent, or the number of policies implemented, rather than the impact government is actually having on people's lives.
In contrast, this document emphasises the outcomes we are working towards: healthy people living productive lives in a more prosperous and innovative economy; safer and more cohesive communities, with lower levels of poverty and greater equality; a resilient environment with more sustainable use of our natural resources and a society with a vital sense of its own culture and heritage.
Transparency and accountability
This annual report puts transparency and accountability at the heart of what we do as a Government. This is because the people of Wales should know what their Government is doing on their behalf. It is also a self discipline which ensures all parts of the Welsh Government and our partners are focused on delivery.
The report contains a full set of updates on progress made on the commitments set out in our Programme. It includes all the available data for the indicators that measure the delivery of our programmes and for the indicators of the key outcomes.
We have set out our annual report using comparative information wherever possible. This includes UK and wider international comparisons. Where data comes from official statistics the source is clearly identified. Where data is collected as part of the Welsh Government’s normal monitoring of its and its partners’ activity this is clearly stated. The data and its analysis are presented as clearly as possible.