Contingency planning for winter weather »Severe weather requires robust, collaborative planning between the Welsh Government and the public and private sectors in Wales.Learn more »
Survey on Welsh language use welcomed
First Minister Carwyn Jones and the Welsh Language Commissioner Meri Huws have welcomed the publication of an in-depth survey of how people are using the Welsh language.
- ‘Choose Pharmacy’ pilot ‘shows potential’ in improving access to local health services, report finds
- New Children’s Commissioner for Wales announced
- Survey on Welsh language use welcomed
- Raising the ambitions and educational attainment of children who are looked after in Wales
- Review of requirements for the trading of captive bred birds
- Amendments to the Government Guidance notes on the Waste Batteries and Accumulators Regulations 2009
- Revised Child Poverty Strategy for Wales
- Sharing the location of TB infected farms
- Planning and related decisions of the Welsh Ministers
Featured consultation »Aligning the apprenticeship model to the needs of the Welsh economy
85 days left
Section highlightQualifications Wales BillThe Bill will establish Qualifications Wales as an independent regulator for qualifications and the qualification system in Wales.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update
This 6th edition details over 370 investments across both public and private sectors with a value of more than £40bn.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
- European Social Fund Local Service Board development and priority delivery project
- Evaluation of the Choose Pharmacy common ailments service
- Housing demolitions and hazards
- Regional economic and labour market profiles
- Welsh Government People Survey
- Welsh language use survey
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
The protection of Biometric information in schools and colleges
The Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 will have implications for biometric data in schools/colleges.
The Welsh consultation is planned to coincide with England's (which is from 9 May 2012 – 7 August 2012). This will give stakeholders 12 weeks to comment.
This is not a consultation about the protection of freedom issues in the Act. This consultation is about what schools/colleges will need to do as a consequence of the Act.
In summary the Protection of Freedom Act 2012 makes provision to regulate the use of children's biometric information by placing a duty on schools and colleges to obtain written parental consent before any biometric information can be obtained from a child under the age of 18 years of age.
The UNCRC requirements from May 2012 require Welsh Government to consult with children and young people on issues that will affect them. A draft child friendly version of the consultation is attached.
Search closed consultations:
Browse closed consultations:
Closing soon (12)
Recently closed (2)
Business and economy (7)
Culture and sport (4)
Education and skills (71)
Environment and countryside (133)
Finance and Law (3)
Health and social care (95)
Housing and Regeneration (21)
Improving public services (6)
Local government (29)
People and communities (43)
Welsh language (3)