Delivering Prudent Healthcare in Wales »Prudent healthcare principles ensure patients receive the most appropriate treatments to achieve mutually-agreed goals.Learn more »
Postcards from the children of Wales to NATO world leaders
Primary school pupils from Wales are to be given the opportunity to write a personal message to the NATO world leaders about their hopes for the future.
- Minister visits North Wales Fire and Rescue Authority
- Superfast broadband rolling-out across Pembrokeshire
Featured Article »Landmark Social Services law receives Royal Assent
- Postcards from the children of Wales to NATO world leaders
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Amending the Environmental Damage (Prevention and Remediation) Regulations 2009 to transpose Article 38 of the Offshore Safety Directive
- Extending access to intermediary services for descendants and relatives of adopted people
- Renting Homes – Illustrative Model Contract
- Statutory Guidance to the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in relation to the salaries of Local Authority Chief Executives
- The Ireland Wales Cooperation Programme 2014-2020
- Active Travel Action Plan
Featured consultation »Draft Technical Advice Note 1: Joint Housing Land Availability Studies
73 days left
Section highlightThe Gender-based Violence, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence (Wales) Bill
The Bill aims to improve the Public Sector response in Wales to gender-based violence, domestic abuse and sexual violence.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - June 2014
Our pipeline provides visibility of infrastructure investment activity across Wales.
1st Supplementary Budget 2014-15 »
The 1st Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the Final Budget for 2014-15, which was published in December 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
National Literacy and Numeracy Framework and Tests
In his keynote address 'Raising Schools Standards' on 29 June 2011, to the Institute of Welsh Affairs, he announced the intention to introduce a new National Literacy and Numeracy Framework for all learners aged 5 to 14.
The recently published National Literacy Programme and the soon to be published National Numeracy Programme set out the actions the Welsh Government intends to implement to improve literacy and numeracy standards in Wales. The plans for a statutory national framework and for a system of national testing are integral to both programmes.
This consultation provides stakeholders and members of the public the opportunity to comment and seeks views on the Welsh Government's proposals for the following:
- a statutory National Literacy and Numeracy Framework (LNF)
- National Reading and Numeracy Tests.
How to respond
In order to respond to this consultation, stakeholders and members of the public will need the:
- consultation document
- consultation response form.
The consultation document has two sections.
- Section 1 provides an introduction to the LNF
- Section 2 provides an introduction to National Reading and Numeracy Testing
There are three appendices at the end of the document which include a list of the consultation questions, a glossary of literacy terms and a glossary of numeracy terms.
The LNF is broken down into two components – one for literacy and one for numeracy. It also includes two further components for learners with additional learning needs.
You should also refer to the exemplification materials provided.
All the information can be downloaded below.
Summary of responses
Search closed consultations:
Browse closed consultations:
Closing soon (7)
Recently closed (1)
Business and economy (6)
Children and young people (7)
Culture and sport (4)
Education and skills (65)
Environment and countryside (115)
Equality and diversity (6)
Finance and Law (2)
Health and social care (82)
Housing and Regeneration (18)
Improving public services (5)
Local government (26)
Older people (1)
Sustainable development (2)
Welsh language (1)