Contingency planning for winter weather »Severe weather requires robust, collaborative planning between the Welsh Government and the public and private sectors in Wales.Learn more »
Health Minister gives go-ahead for standardised packaging for cigarettes to be introduced in Wales
A new law to introduce standardised packaging for cigarettes and hand rolling tobacco will apply in Wales, Health and Social Services Minister Mark Drakeford has confirmed.
- School Categorisation results published
- Survey on Welsh language use welcomed
- Health Minister gives go-ahead for standardised packaging for cigarettes to be introduced in Wales
- Raising the ambitions and educational attainment of children who are looked after in Wales
- Review of requirements for the trading of captive bred birds
- Amendments to the Government Guidance notes on the Waste Batteries and Accumulators Regulations 2009
- Planning and related decisions of the Welsh Ministers
- Fire and Rescue Authority – Performance Indicators 2015-16 onwards
- Harmonising school term dates for 2016 to 2017
Featured consultation »Aligning the apprenticeship model to the needs of the Welsh economy
84 days left
Section highlightQualifications Wales BillThe Bill will establish Qualifications Wales as an independent regulator for qualifications and the qualification system in Wales.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update
This 6th edition details over 370 investments across both public and private sectors with a value of more than £40bn.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
- European Social Fund Local Service Board development and priority delivery project
- Evaluation of the Choose Pharmacy common ailments service
- Housing demolitions and hazards
- Regional economic and labour market profiles
- Welsh Government People Survey
- Welsh language use survey
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Draft Construction and Demolition Sector Plan
It will do this through:
- influencing behaviour change;
- encouraging better ways of working;
- developing partnerships with the third sector; and
- legislative controls.
The aims will be addressed from design of products or buildings to demolition, recovery and disposal.
This plan supports Towards Zero Waste, the overarching waste strategy document for Wales. It details the outcomes, policies and actions for these sectors. We welcome views on the consultation document.
We recommend that you read the Sustainability Appraisal below (incorporating the Strategic Environmental Assessment). Other relevant documents which you should consider are the Background documents for Towards Zero Waste, available via the link above:
- the Health Impact Assessment (HIA);
- Habitats Regulation Assessment (HRA); and
- the evidence base.
Summary of responses
Search closed consultations:
Browse closed consultations:
Closing soon (10)
Recently closed (4)
Business and economy (7)
Culture and sport (4)
Education and skills (71)
Environment and countryside (134)
Finance and Law (3)
Health and social care (95)
Housing and Regeneration (21)
Improving public services (6)
Local government (29)
People and communities (44)
Welsh language (3)