Contingency planning for winter weather »Severe weather requires robust, collaborative planning between the Welsh Government and the public and private sectors in Wales.Learn more »
Health Minister gives go-ahead for standardised packaging for cigarettes to be introduced in Wales
A new law to introduce standardised packaging for cigarettes and hand rolling tobacco will apply in Wales, Health and Social Services Minister Mark Drakeford has confirmed.
- School Categorisation results published
- Survey on Welsh language use welcomed
- Health Minister gives go-ahead for standardised packaging for cigarettes to be introduced in Wales
- Marine Strategy Framework Directive (MSFD) Consultation – UK Marine Programme of Measures
- Raising the ambitions and educational attainment of children who are looked after in Wales
- Review of requirements for the trading of captive bred birds
- Harmonising school term dates for 2016 to 2017
- Implementation of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 – Consultation on the Regulations and code of practice in relation to part 11 of the Act.
- Implementation of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 - Consultation on the regulations and code of practice in relation to Part 2 of the Act
Featured consultation »Aligning the apprenticeship model to the needs of the Welsh economy
82 days left
Section highlightQualifications Wales BillThe Bill will establish Qualifications Wales as an independent regulator for qualifications and the qualification system in Wales.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update
This 6th edition details over 370 investments across both public and private sectors with a value of more than £40bn.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
- European Social Fund Local Service Board development and priority delivery project
- Evaluation of the Choose Pharmacy common ailments service
- Housing demolitions and hazards
- Regional economic and labour market profiles
- Welsh Government People Survey
- Welsh language use survey
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Consultation on UK recovery and recycling targets for packaging waste for 2013-2017
The Producer Responsibility Obligations Regulations on packaging waste came into force on 16 March 2007. This is a joint consultation on the new targets by:
- the Department of Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra);
- the Scottish Government; and
- the Welsh Government.
Since 1997, the UK has had a statutory producer responsibility scheme for packaging recycling, which implements the European Packaging Directive. This scheme deals with packaging at the end of its life in a way that is better for the environment and natural resources than sending it to landfill. It does this by setting minimum recycling and recovery targets on UK businesses in the packaging supply chain.
The current targets run until 2012. We want your views on proposals for new recovery and recycling targets that will run from 1 January 2013 for five years.
This consultation closed on 10 February 2012 and sought views on UK packaging targets for 2013-2017.
On 21 March 2012 the new UK packaging targets were announced as part of the Budget. Further information on the targets and a summary of the responses can be found below.
You can also view the UK packaging waste recovery and recycling targets for 2013-17 on the Defra website.
Search closed consultations:
Browse closed consultations:
Closing soon (9)
Recently closed (6)
Business and economy (7)
Culture and sport (4)
Education and skills (71)
Environment and countryside (134)
Finance and Law (3)
Health and social care (95)
Housing and Regeneration (21)
Improving public services (6)
Local government (29)
People and communities (45)
Welsh language (3)