Delivering Prudent Healthcare in Wales »Prudent healthcare principles ensure patients receive the most appropriate treatments to achieve mutually-agreed goals.Learn more »
Superfast broadband rolling-out across Pembrokeshire
The roll-out of fast fibre broadband in Pembrokeshire is gathering pace, thanks to the Superfast Cymru programme.
- Further Jobs Growth Wales success as 735 jobs filled in just one month
- Independent expert panel recommends introduction of minimum unit pricing for alcohol in Wales
Featured Article »Landmark Social Services law receives Royal Assent
- Superfast broadband rolling-out across Pembrokeshire
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Renting Homes – Illustrative Model Contract
- Registration fees for the education workforce in Wales
- Consultation on Draft Technical Advice Note (TAN) 1: Joint Housing Land Availability Studies (JHLAS)
- Statutory Guidance to the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in relation to the salaries of Local Authority Chief Executives
- The Ireland Wales Cooperation Programme 2014-2020
- Active Travel Action Plan
Featured consultation »Draft Technical Advice Note 1: Joint Housing Land Availability Studies
75 days left
Section highlightThe Gender-based Violence, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence (Wales) Bill
The Bill aims to improve the Public Sector response in Wales to gender-based violence, domestic abuse and sexual violence.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - June 2014
Our pipeline provides visibility of infrastructure investment activity across Wales.
1st Supplementary Budget 2014-15 »
The 1st Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the Final Budget for 2014-15, which was published in December 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Together for Mental Health - A Cross-Government Strategy for Mental Health and Wellbeing in Wales
‘Together for Mental Health’ is our new mental health strategy for Wales, covering people of all ages. It aims to address the needs of people with mental health problems or a mental illness, whilst also improving mental wellbeing.
The strategy is intended to improve outcomes for service users, carers and their families. We encourage the "recovery and reablement" approach, which aims to help people live independently and achieve their full potential.
The strategy builds upon current policy and incorporates the legal requirements of the ‘Mental Health (Wales) Measure’, as follows:
- Chapter 1 states our intent to promote mental wellbeing and, where possible, prevent mental health problems developing.
- Chapter 2 sets out how a new partnership with the public will be established, encouraging an understanding of mental health and mental illness, seeking to eradicate the stigma which can be associated with mental health.
- Chapter 3 emphasises the value of a well designed, fully integrated network of care.
- Chapter 4 highlights the areas of life which can affect on our mental health and wellbeing.
- Chapter 5 provides an overview of how we make the vision a reality.
The consultation document has been drafted by a cross-Departmental group in the Welsh Government and by partner organisations representing service users and carers.
Consultation events are being held across Wales in June 2012, specifically aimed at practitioners, service users and carers. Details of the events and how to book a place can be found in the ‘Consultation Events’ flyer.
Summary of responses
Search closed consultations:
Browse closed consultations:
Closing soon (7)
Recently closed (4)
Business and economy (6)
Children and young people (7)
Culture and sport (4)
Education and skills (65)
Environment and countryside (115)
Equality and diversity (6)
Finance and Law (2)
Health and social care (82)
Housing and Regeneration (18)
Improving public services (5)
Local government (26)
Older people (1)
Sustainable development (2)
Welsh language (1)