Contingency planning for winter weather »Severe weather requires robust, collaborative planning between the Welsh Government and the public and private sectors in Wales.Learn more »
Health Minister gives go-ahead for standardised packaging for cigarettes to be introduced in Wales
A new law to introduce standardised packaging for cigarettes and hand rolling tobacco will apply in Wales, Health and Social Services Minister Mark Drakeford has confirmed.
- School Categorisation results published
- Survey on Welsh language use welcomed
- Health Minister gives go-ahead for standardised packaging for cigarettes to be introduced in Wales
- Marine Strategy Framework Directive (MSFD) Consultation – UK Marine Programme of Measures
- Raising the ambitions and educational attainment of children who are looked after in Wales
- Review of requirements for the trading of captive bred birds
- Harmonising school term dates for 2016 to 2017
- Implementation of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 – Consultation on the Regulations and code of practice in relation to part 11 of the Act.
- Implementation of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 - Consultation on the regulations and code of practice in relation to Part 2 of the Act
Featured consultation »Aligning the apprenticeship model to the needs of the Welsh economy
83 days left
Section highlightQualifications Wales BillThe Bill will establish Qualifications Wales as an independent regulator for qualifications and the qualification system in Wales.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update
This 6th edition details over 370 investments across both public and private sectors with a value of more than £40bn.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
- European Social Fund Local Service Board development and priority delivery project
- Evaluation of the Choose Pharmacy common ailments service
- Housing demolitions and hazards
- Regional economic and labour market profiles
- Welsh Government People Survey
- Welsh language use survey
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Nursery milk scheme
On 18 June, the Department of Health (DH) launched a Great Britain-wide public consultation on the future of the nursery milk scheme.
The main aim of this consultation is to explore options for modernising and simplifying the operation of the scheme.
- improve efficiency and
- provide better value for money,
while ensuring that all children under five attending a childcare setting for more than two hours a day continue to receive free milk.
Nursery milk is a universal benefit, meaning that childcare settings can claim the cost of milk provided to any child, regardless of home circumstances. All the consultation options ensure that the scheme will continue as a universal benefit.
The consultation will run until 11 September 2012. We are particularly keen to hear your views on proposed options and specific questions. Access the consultation paper, impact assessment and equality analysis on the DH website via the link.
In parallel with the public consultation, we are asking all childcare providers currently registered with the scheme to complete a simple survey. This asks about how the scheme works for them now and how potential changes might affect them and the children they care for. The survey address is:
Any decision on the future operation of the scheme will be taken after full consideration is given to consultation responses and other relevant information.
For any general queries about the scheme or the consultation please email the Department of Health at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Search open consultations:
Browse open consultations:
Closing soon (9)
Recently added (10)
Business and economy (0)
Culture and sport (0)
Education and skills (5)
Environment and countryside (7)
Finance and Law (1)
Health and social care (6)
Housing and Regeneration (4)
Improving public services (0)
Local government (0)
People and communities (0)
Welsh language (0)