Contingency planning for winter weather »Severe weather requires robust, collaborative planning between the Welsh Government and the public and private sectors in Wales.Learn more »
Health Minister gives go-ahead for standardised packaging for cigarettes to be introduced in Wales
A new law to introduce standardised packaging for cigarettes and hand rolling tobacco will apply in Wales, Health and Social Services Minister Mark Drakeford has confirmed.
- School Categorisation results published
- Survey on Welsh language use welcomed
- Health Minister gives go-ahead for standardised packaging for cigarettes to be introduced in Wales
- Marine Strategy Framework Directive (MSFD) Consultation – UK Marine Programme of Measures
- Raising the ambitions and educational attainment of children who are looked after in Wales
- Review of requirements for the trading of captive bred birds
- Harmonising school term dates for 2016 to 2017
- Implementation of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 – Consultation on the Regulations and code of practice in relation to part 11 of the Act.
- Implementation of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 - Consultation on the regulations and code of practice in relation to Part 2 of the Act
Featured consultation »Aligning the apprenticeship model to the needs of the Welsh economy
83 days left
Section highlightQualifications Wales BillThe Bill will establish Qualifications Wales as an independent regulator for qualifications and the qualification system in Wales.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update
This 6th edition details over 370 investments across both public and private sectors with a value of more than £40bn.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
- European Social Fund Local Service Board development and priority delivery project
- Evaluation of the Choose Pharmacy common ailments service
- Housing demolitions and hazards
- Regional economic and labour market profiles
- Welsh Government People Survey
- Welsh language use survey
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
The Local Authority (Joint Overview and Scrutiny Committees) (Wales) Regulations 2012, Statutory Guidance on Joint Overview and Scrutiny Committees and Statutory Guidance on Annual Reports
Purpose of the draft Regulations
These draft Regulations permit two or more local authorities to appoint a joint overview and scrutiny committee to make report or recommendations to any of the authorities or their executive about matter affecting their areas.
Purpose of Statutory Guidance
To give guidance to local authorities when appointing an overview and scrutiny committee and to give guidance to the joint committee when it is exercising its functions.
To give guidance to local authorities when making arrangements for elected members to publish an annual report.
Sections 58 of the Local Government Measure 2011 empowers the Welsh Ministers to make regulations to permit two or more local authorities to appoint a joint overview and scrutiny committee and to issue statutory guidance to which joint overview and scrutiny committees must have regard when exercising its functions.
Section 5 empowers the Welsh Ministers to issue statutory guidance to which local authorities must have regard when making arrangements for the production of annual reports under section 5.
Extent and application
This subordinate legislation will apply to Wales only.
Search closed consultations:
Browse closed consultations:
Closing soon (9)
Recently closed (6)
Business and economy (7)
Culture and sport (4)
Education and skills (71)
Environment and countryside (134)
Finance and Law (3)
Health and social care (95)
Housing and Regeneration (21)
Improving public services (6)
Local government (29)
People and communities (45)
Welsh language (3)