Contingency planning for winter weather »Severe weather requires robust, collaborative planning between the Welsh Government and the public and private sectors in Wales.Learn more »
New powers to safeguard vulnerable children and adults in Wales
A legal obligation to report any child or adult believed to be at risk of abuse or neglect will be implemented in Wales in 2016, Health and Social Services Minister Mark Drakeford today announced.
- “Get vaccinated against the flu”, Wales’ top doctor urges
- 0808 80 10 800 - 24 hour help for domestic abuse victims
- New powers to safeguard vulnerable children and adults in Wales
- Designation of Licensing authority under Part 1 of the Housing (Wales) Act 2014
- Flood and Coast Investment Programme (FaCIP)
- Local authority environmental permitting fees and charges 2015-16
- Adoption and Children Act 2002 (Joint Adoption Arrangements)(Wales) Directions 2015
- Independent Living Fund – future arrangements to support recipients in Wales
- Consultation on Local Development Plans Process Review
Section highlightQualifications Wales BillThe Bill will establish Qualifications Wales as an independent regulator for qualifications and the qualification system in Wales.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update
This 6th edition details over 370 investments across both public and private sectors with a value of more than £40bn.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Statutory Guidance to Welsh Local Authorities on the Power to promote or improve Economic, Social or Environmental Well-Being under the Local Government Act 2000
We are consulting on new statutory guidance under Section 3(6) of the Local Government Act 2000 on the discretionary power available to unitary authorities and community councils to promote or improve the economic, social or environmental well-being of their area.
Start of consultation: 22/08/2012
End of consultation: 23/11/2012
This guidance provides an explanation of the wellbeing powers and what they mean to local authorities.
We would like to receive any comments or questions on the guidance and views as to whether it is clear and useful.
Search closed consultations:
Browse closed consultations:
Closing soon (3)
Recently closed (4)
Business and economy (7)
Culture and sport (4)
Education and skills (70)
Environment and countryside (130)
Finance and Law (3)
Health and social care (88)
Housing and Regeneration (21)
Improving public services (5)
Local government (29)
People and communities (41)
Welsh language (2)