Report by the Commission on Devolution in Wales »We hope that this Report will give us the foundation for a fundamental reform of the devolution settlement.Learn more »
Pilots in Ceredigion and Vale of Glamorgan to find new ways to deliver public transport
Funding to trial new, more efficient methods of delivering public transport to improve access to jobs and services, particularly in rural areas.
- European investment helps bring Superfast Broadband to Wales – Jane Hutt
- Genpower to create 35 new jobs in Haven Waterway Enterprise Zone with Welsh Government support
Featured Article »Landmark social care Bill passes National Assembly scrutiny
- Pilots in Ceredigion and Vale of Glamorgan to find new ways to deliver public transport
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Proposals concerning the publication of Sustainable Development Indicators statistical outputs
- Consultation on the regulations to introduce a new Firefighters’ Pension Scheme in Wales from April 2015
- Onshore oil exploration activities: integrated pollution prevention and control
- Statutory Guidance to the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in relation to the salaries of Local Authority Chief Executives
- Consultation on the findings of the report on the Impact and Effect of the Non-Domestic Rating (Definition of Domestic Property) (Wales) Order 2010.
- Achieving high standards together - a new framework for animal health and welfare in Wales
Featured consultation »Curriculum for Wales: Phase 1 - revised literacy and numeracy arrangements
51 days left
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - December 2013
This Wales Infrastructure Investment Plan annex highlights planned investments and potential procurement opportunities.
2nd Supplementary Budget 2013-14 »
The 2nd Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the 1st Supplementary Budget for 2013-14, which was published on 25 June 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Consultation on proposals for a Sustainable Development Bill
We committed in Programme for Government to:
- Legislate to make sustainable development the central organising principle of the Welsh Government and public bodies in Wales; and
- Create an independent sustainable development body for Wales.
This consultation will inform the development of the Sustainable Development Bill White Paper. We plan to launch that document which will include more detailed proposals in autumn 2012.
In this consultation, we want your views on:
- our approach to a sustainable development duty that applies to organisations delivering public services;
- our approach to the role and functions of a new independent sustainable development body;
- the barriers to taking more long-term, joined-up decisions, and how to remove them;
- evidence on promoting sustainable development;
- reviewing existing legal duties and simplifying them in the proposed Sustainable Development Bill;
- the advantages and disadvantages of defining “sustainable development” in law.
Note : A correction was made to the original consultation summary published on 27 September 2012 as it did not list the Countryside Council for Wales as a respondent to the consultation. An updated summary report was published on 8 October 2012.
Summary of responses
Search closed consultations:
Browse closed consultations:
Closing soon (8)
Recently closed (2)
Business and economy (5)
Children and young people (6)
Culture and sport (4)
Education and skills (55)
Environment and countryside (105)
Equality and diversity (6)
Finance and Law (2)
Health and social care (75)
Housing and Regeneration (16)
Improving public services (5)
Local government (22)
Older people (1)
Sustainable development (2)
Welsh language (1)