Green Growth Wales »The proposed Green Growth Wales fund aims to increase and accelerate projects to deliver green investment in Wales.Learn more »
New figures show a big rise in the number of affordable homes in Wales
The Welsh Government is on course to meet its ambitious target of providing 10,000 additional affordable homes by May 2016.
- International tourism to Wales increasing
- Regeneration is central to tackling poverty and encouraging economic growth, says Minister at national summit
- New figures show a big rise in the number of affordable homes in Wales
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Review of the existing policy on disposal of higher activity radioactive waste
- Human Transplantation (Wales) Act 2013: new regulations
- National Training Framework on gender-based violence, domestic abuse and sexual violence
- Extending access to intermediary services for descendants and relatives of adopted people
- Review of the Childcare Sufficiency Assessment Duty on Local Authorities
- Travelling to better health
Section highlightHousing (Wales) Act 2014The Act introduces significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightWales for Africa grant
The Wales for Africa grant supports projects that build mutually beneficial links between Wales and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Draft Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
- Affordable housing provision
- Assembly Learning Grants (ALG) awarded to Welsh domiciled further education students
- Delayed transfers of care
- Evaluation of the Education Maintenance Allowance and Assembly Learning Grant
- Great Britain Day Visits Survey
- Great Britain Tourism Survey
- Jobs Growth Wales
- Reserves held by schools
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Blue Badge Scheme in Wales: Planned Changes to the Automatic Eligibility Criteria
The Blue Badge Disabled Parking Scheme enables disabled people to access services and facilities through a range of parking concessions.
Under current arrangements a Blue Badge can be issued, without the need for further assessment, to people receiving the Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance (HRMCDLA). It is estimated that in Wales, around 40% of those people are issued with a Blue Badge under the automatic criteria and the majority of these receive HRMCDLA.
The UK Government is undertaking an extensive reform programme for all welfare benefits. The reform programme includes proposals to introduce Personal Independence Payment (PIP) from 2013 and this will replace Disability Living Allowance (DLA) for eligible working age claimants aged 16 to 64 years old. This is a non-devolved issue.
The Welsh Government has considered the impact of welfare reform and the move to PIP on automatic eligibility to the Blue Badge Scheme. This document is consulting on plans to link automatic eligibility criteria for a Blue Badge to the new PIP.
One of the priorities in the Action Plan for Modernising the Blue Badge Scheme is to extend the scheme to people with severe cognitive impairments. This document also sets out our plans for extending automatic eligibility to the scheme for people with severe cognitive impairments.
Responses from this consultation will be used to inform the Government's decision on how best to proceed.
This consultation applies to Wales only.
The consultation document is available to download below.
Search closed consultations:
Browse closed consultations:
Closing soon (9)
Recently closed (2)
Business and economy (7)
Children and young people (6)
Culture and sport (4)
Education and skills (66)
Environment and countryside (123)
Equality and diversity (7)
Finance and Law (2)
Health and social care (85)
Housing and Regeneration (20)
Improving public services (5)
Local government (29)
Older people (1)
Sustainable development (2)
Welsh language (1)