Report by the Commission on Devolution in Wales »We hope that this Report will give us the foundation for a fundamental reform of the devolution settlement.Learn more »
Education Minister's statement on WJEC GCSE English Language unit outcomes from January 2014
The Minister for Education and Skills Huw Lewis has issued a Statement: WJEC GCSE English Language unit outcomes from January 2014.
- Voices of women could be lost in times of austerity Minister warns
- Haven Waterway Enterprise Zone is expanded
Featured Article »Landmark social care Bill completes stage 3 scrutiny
- Education Minister's statement on WJEC GCSE English Language unit outcomes from January 2014
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- EIDCymru: an electronic movement reporting system for sheep and goats - the identification of sheep and the current slaughter derogation
- Achieving high standards together - a new framework for animal health and welfare in Wales
- Proposed amendments to the criminal offences and defences in sections 2, 28 and 42 of the Ancient Monuments and Archaeological Areas Act 1979.
- Revising the national framework for Continuing NHS Healthcare (CHC)
- Phase 1 - Draft Report: Review of Audit, Inspection and Regulation
- Statutory Guidance to the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in relation to the salaries of Local Authority Chief Executives
Featured consultation »A new framework for animal health and welfare in Wales
48 days left
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - December 2013
This Wales Infrastructure Investment Plan annex highlights planned investments and potential procurement opportunities.
2nd Supplementary Budget 2013-14 »
The 2nd Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the 1st Supplementary Budget for 2013-14, which was published on 25 June 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Blue Badge Scheme in Wales: Planned Changes to the Automatic Eligibility Criteria
The Blue Badge Disabled Parking Scheme enables disabled people to access services and facilities through a range of parking concessions.
Under current arrangements a Blue Badge can be issued, without the need for further assessment, to people receiving the Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance (HRMCDLA). It is estimated that in Wales, around 40% of those people are issued with a Blue Badge under the automatic criteria and the majority of these receive HRMCDLA.
The UK Government is undertaking an extensive reform programme for all welfare benefits. The reform programme includes proposals to introduce Personal Independence Payment (PIP) from 2013 and this will replace Disability Living Allowance (DLA) for eligible working age claimants aged 16 to 64 years old. This is a non-devolved issue.
The Welsh Government has considered the impact of welfare reform and the move to PIP on automatic eligibility to the Blue Badge Scheme. This document is consulting on plans to link automatic eligibility criteria for a Blue Badge to the new PIP.
One of the priorities in the Action Plan for Modernising the Blue Badge Scheme is to extend the scheme to people with severe cognitive impairments. This document also sets out our plans for extending automatic eligibility to the scheme for people with severe cognitive impairments.
Responses from this consultation will be used to inform the Government's decision on how best to proceed.
This consultation applies to Wales only.
The consultation document is available to download below.
Search closed consultations:
Browse closed consultations:
Closing soon (7)
Recently closed (6)
Business and economy (5)
Children and young people (6)
Culture and sport (3)
Education and skills (55)
Environment and countryside (100)
Equality and diversity (6)
Finance and Law (2)
Health and social care (72)
Housing and Regeneration (16)
Improving public services (5)
Local government (20)
Older people (1)
Sustainable development (2)
Welsh language (1)