Delivering Prudent Healthcare in Wales »Prudent healthcare principles ensure patients receive the most appropriate treatments to achieve mutually-agreed goals.Learn more »
More young entrepreneurs share in Jobs Growth Wales success
Jobs Growth Wales has now helped young people to start up 345 new businesses
- Next phase of Cardiff Capital Region Metro revealed
- Changes to moorland classification announced
- More young entrepreneurs share in Jobs Growth Wales success
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Draft Undertaking Gypsy and Traveller Accommodation Assessments guidance
- Draft Designing Gypsy and Traveller Sites in Wales guidance
- Draft Managing Gypsy and Traveller Sites in Wales guidance
- Reservoir Safety in Wales: Consultation on the Commencement of Schedule 4 to the Flood and Water Management Act 2010
- Strategic Environmental Assessment: Environmental Report, Ireland Wales cooperation Programme 2014-2020
- Agricultural Waste Call for Evidence
Featured consultation »Draft guidance on notifiable event for registered social landlords
42 days left
Section highlightThe Well-being of Future Generations (Wales) BillThe Bill strengthens existing governance arrangements for improving the well-being of Wales to ensure that present needs are met without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightWales for Africa grant
The Wales for Africa grant supports projects that build mutually beneficial links between Wales and Sub-Saharan Africa.
1st Supplementary Budget 2014-15 »
The 1st Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the Final Budget for 2014-15, which was published in December 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
- Admission of patients to mental health facilities
- End of foundation phase outcomes and National Curriculum teacher assessment of core subjects at Key Stages 2 and 3 - Revised
- Jobs Growth Wales
- National curriculum teacher assessments of the non-core subjects - Revised
- Patients in mental health hospitals and units
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Blue Badge Scheme in Wales: Planned Changes to the Automatic Eligibility Criteria
The Blue Badge Disabled Parking Scheme enables disabled people to access services and facilities through a range of parking concessions.
Under current arrangements a Blue Badge can be issued, without the need for further assessment, to people receiving the Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance (HRMCDLA). It is estimated that in Wales, around 40% of those people are issued with a Blue Badge under the automatic criteria and the majority of these receive HRMCDLA.
The UK Government is undertaking an extensive reform programme for all welfare benefits. The reform programme includes proposals to introduce Personal Independence Payment (PIP) from 2013 and this will replace Disability Living Allowance (DLA) for eligible working age claimants aged 16 to 64 years old. This is a non-devolved issue.
The Welsh Government has considered the impact of welfare reform and the move to PIP on automatic eligibility to the Blue Badge Scheme. This document is consulting on plans to link automatic eligibility criteria for a Blue Badge to the new PIP.
One of the priorities in the Action Plan for Modernising the Blue Badge Scheme is to extend the scheme to people with severe cognitive impairments. This document also sets out our plans for extending automatic eligibility to the scheme for people with severe cognitive impairments.
Responses from this consultation will be used to inform the Government's decision on how best to proceed.
This consultation applies to Wales only.
The consultation document is available to download below.
Search closed consultations:
Browse closed consultations:
Closing soon (5)
Recently closed (1)
Business and economy (7)
Children and young people (6)
Culture and sport (4)
Education and skills (65)
Environment and countryside (117)
Equality and diversity (6)
Finance and Law (2)
Health and social care (84)
Housing and Regeneration (18)
Improving public services (5)
Local government (28)
Older people (1)
Sustainable development (2)
Welsh language (1)