Contingency planning for winter weather »Severe weather requires robust, collaborative planning between the Welsh Government and the public and private sectors in Wales.Learn more »
Health Minister gives go-ahead for standardised packaging for cigarettes to be introduced in Wales
A new law to introduce standardised packaging for cigarettes and hand rolling tobacco will apply in Wales, Health and Social Services Minister Mark Drakeford has confirmed.
- School Categorisation results published
- Survey on Welsh language use welcomed
- Health Minister gives go-ahead for standardised packaging for cigarettes to be introduced in Wales
- Marine Strategy Framework Directive (MSFD) Consultation – UK Marine Programme of Measures
- Raising the ambitions and educational attainment of children who are looked after in Wales
- Review of requirements for the trading of captive bred birds
- Harmonising school term dates for 2016 to 2017
- Implementation of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 – Consultation on the Regulations and code of practice in relation to part 11 of the Act.
- Implementation of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 - Consultation on the regulations and code of practice in relation to Part 2 of the Act
Featured consultation »Aligning the apprenticeship model to the needs of the Welsh economy
84 days left
Section highlightQualifications Wales BillThe Bill will establish Qualifications Wales as an independent regulator for qualifications and the qualification system in Wales.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update
This 6th edition details over 370 investments across both public and private sectors with a value of more than £40bn.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
- European Social Fund Local Service Board development and priority delivery project
- Evaluation of the Choose Pharmacy common ailments service
- Housing demolitions and hazards
- Regional economic and labour market profiles
- Welsh Government People Survey
- Welsh language use survey
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Blue Badge Scheme in Wales: Planned Changes to the Automatic Eligibility Criteria
The Blue Badge Disabled Parking Scheme enables disabled people to access services and facilities through a range of parking concessions.
Under current arrangements a Blue Badge can be issued, without the need for further assessment, to people receiving the Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance (HRMCDLA). It is estimated that in Wales, around 40% of those people are issued with a Blue Badge under the automatic criteria and the majority of these receive HRMCDLA.
The UK Government is undertaking an extensive reform programme for all welfare benefits. The reform programme includes proposals to introduce Personal Independence Payment (PIP) from 2013 and this will replace Disability Living Allowance (DLA) for eligible working age claimants aged 16 to 64 years old. This is a non-devolved issue.
The Welsh Government has considered the impact of welfare reform and the move to PIP on automatic eligibility to the Blue Badge Scheme. This document is consulting on plans to link automatic eligibility criteria for a Blue Badge to the new PIP.
One of the priorities in the Action Plan for Modernising the Blue Badge Scheme is to extend the scheme to people with severe cognitive impairments. This document also sets out our plans for extending automatic eligibility to the scheme for people with severe cognitive impairments.
Responses from this consultation will be used to inform the Government's decision on how best to proceed.
This consultation applies to Wales only.
The consultation document is available to download below.
Search closed consultations:
Browse closed consultations:
Closing soon (9)
Recently closed (6)
Business and economy (7)
Culture and sport (4)
Education and skills (71)
Environment and countryside (134)
Finance and Law (3)
Health and social care (95)
Housing and Regeneration (21)
Improving public services (6)
Local government (29)
People and communities (45)
Welsh language (3)