When running a children’s service there are certain things you have to do by law. They are explained in the relevant Acts and regulations.
There are three act’s which relate to children’s services. These are the Care Standards Act 2000, the Children Act 1989 and the Adoption and Children Act 2002. The Care Standards Act 2000 provides the National Assembly for Wales with the authority to register and inspect establishments and agencies in Wales that provide social care. Additionally, the Act also provides the National Assembly with powers to make regulations governing the conduct of establishments and agencies across Wales.
- The Care Standards Act 2000 (External link, available in English only)
- The Children Act 1989 (External link, available in English only)
- Adoption and Children Act 2002 (External link, available in English only)
The following regulations and guidance will also be of interest.
- Towards a stable life and brighter future (External link)
- Safeguarding children: Working together under the Children Act 2004 (External link)