Regulation 38 Care Homes (Wales) Regulations 2002: Notification of death, illness and other events
The aim of this guide is to help registered persons comply with this Regulation.
Regulation 38 of the Care Homes (Wales) Regulations 2002 places a duty on registered persons to notify Care and Social Services Inspectorate Wales without delay of the occurrence of the following events:
- the death of any service user and the circumstances of his or her death;
- the outbreak in a care home of any infectious disease which in the opinion of any registered medical practitioner attending persons in the care home is sufficiently serious to be so notified;
- any serious injury to a service user;
- a serious illness of a service user at a care home at which nursing is not provided;
- any event in the care home which affects the well being or safety of any service user;
- any theft, burglary or serious accident in the care home;
- any allegation of misconduct by the registered person or any person who works at the care home.