Review of Welsh Local Authorities arrangements for private fostering 2008
The review consisted of two stages:
- a survey completed by all welsh local authorities;
- fieldwork visits to six local authorities, Blaenau Gwent, Ceredigion, Conwy, Isle of Anglesey, Newport and Powys which represented a geographical spread as well as a mix of rural and urban authorities.
The aim of the review was to provide information about how local authorities are carrying out their responsibilities in relation to private fostering in Wales and in particular how authorities are applying the relevant legislation:
- The Children Act 1989
- The Amendment Order to the Children Act 1989 (made by the Children Act 2004);
- The Children (Private Arrangements for Fostering) (Wales) Regulations 2006;
- The National Minimum Standards, 2006. Private Fostering
This report outlines the findings from this review.