Contingency planning for winter weather »Severe weather requires robust, collaborative planning between the Welsh Government and the public and private sectors in Wales.Learn more »
Fewer people dying from diabetes in Wales – new report
The number of people dying from diabetes-related conditions in Wales continues to fall
- Consultation launched on future of Welsh apprenticeships
- Minister takes action to protect Wales’ social housing stock
- Fewer people dying from diabetes in Wales – new report
- Aligning the apprenticeship model to the needs of the Welsh economy
- Consultation on the future of Right to Buy and Right to Acquire – a White Paper for social housing.
- The designation of higher education courses at alternative providers for the purpose of student support
- Health Standards Framework
- Age of sale for nicotine inhaling products: draft regulations
- Revised Child Poverty Strategy for Wales
Featured consultation »Age of sale for nicotine inhaling products: draft regulations
2 days left
Section highlightQualifications Wales BillThe Bill will establish Qualifications Wales as an independent regulator for qualifications and the qualification system in Wales.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update
This 6th edition details over 370 investments across both public and private sectors with a value of more than £40bn.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
EU funds 2014–2020
EU funds present many opportunities for organisations across the public, private and third sectors to help create sustainable jobs and boost economic growth in Wales. The following European Structural and Investment funds, worth £2.3 billion, are delivered in partnership through the Welsh Government:
- European Regional Development Fund (external link) – helps new and existing businesses to grow and supports research and innovation, energy and infrastructure. Also includes the Territorial Co-operation programmes (external link).
- European Social Fund (external link) – helps increase skills and employment, tackle economic inactivity and poverty, and provide support for young people.
- European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (external link) – improves competitiveness for farming and forestry, protects the environment and improves the quality of life and diversification of rural economies.
- European Agricultural Guarantee Fund - Direct Payments will pay agricultural businesses in Wales inco me support of around €260 million a year.
- European Maritime and Fisheries Fund (external link) – implements the new Common Fisheries Policy and supports the development of sustainable fisheries and aquaculture.
Other EU funds programmes
Other E U funds totalling £110bn are available to you in Wales. Find out more about the funds and how you can apply for them.
- Horizon 2020 (external link) – promotes research and innovation by helping higher education and busine ss to take their breakthrough discoveries from the lab to the market. Application support is available through SCoRE Cymru and the WEFO Horizon 2020 Unit.
- COSME (external link) – help to improve the Competitiveness of Enterprises and Small and Medium-sized Enterprises, by supporting them with better access to finance and markets.
- Erasmus+ (external link) – funding for education, training an d youth focussing on international study, work, training, teaching and volunteering opportunities. Sport funding focusses on co-operation and activities in grassroots sport.
- Creative Europe (external link) – supports the cultural and creative sectors, enabling them to reach new audiences, develop skills for the digital age and safeguard cultural and linguistic diversity.
- Connecting Europe Facility (external link) – supports the development of high performing, sustainable and efficiently interconnected trans-European networks in the energy, telecommunications and transport fields.
- LIFE (external link) – funding for nature, biodiversity, conservation, environmental and climate change projects.
- EaSI (external link) – funding to promote social innovation and social policy experimentation, employment services and labour mobility, support for microcredit providers and access to finance for Social Enterprises.