Report by the Commission on Devolution in Wales »We hope that this Report will give us the foundation for a fundamental reform of the devolution settlement.Learn more »
Halen Môn is recipe for success, says First Minister
Halen Môn is a unique and successful business which is helping to promote Wales and Anglesey the First Minister, Carwyn Jones, said today on a visit to the company.
- Royal Welch Fusiliers Museum safeguards valuable First World War memories
- Welsh Government support for ex- Remploy workers extended
Featured Article »Landmark social care Bill passes National Assembly scrutiny
- Halen Môn is recipe for success, says First Minister
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Proposals concerning the publication of Sustainable Development Indicators statistical outputs
- Consultation on the regulations to introduce a new Firefighters’ Pension Scheme in Wales from April 2015
- Onshore oil exploration activities: integrated pollution prevention and control
- Statutory Guidance to the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in relation to the salaries of Local Authority Chief Executives
- Consultation on the findings of the report on the Impact and Effect of the Non-Domestic Rating (Definition of Domestic Property) (Wales) Order 2010.
- TB compensation
Featured consultation »Curriculum for Wales: Phase 1 - revised literacy and numeracy arrangements
54 days left
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - December 2013
This Wales Infrastructure Investment Plan annex highlights planned investments and potential procurement opportunities.
2nd Supplementary Budget 2013-14 »
The 2nd Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the 1st Supplementary Budget for 2013-14, which was published on 25 June 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Its legislative priorities and aspirations are outlined for its 5 year term and are updated annually.
The Legislative Programme consists of the laws being developed and proposed by the Welsh Government to help deliver the programme for government. It comprises Assembly Bills, as well as White Papers and Draft Bills for consultation.
The Legislative Programme is outlined in an annual statement made by the First Minister, which can be found on the National Assembly for Wales website.
Among the areas announced by the First Minister on 12th July 2011 that Bills will address are:
- Making local authorities to further collaborate when delivering services.
- A new Food Hygiene Rating Scheme to help improve food safety and provide consumers with easily understandable information.
- Organ Donation Bill to create an opt-out system of organ donation.
- The Schools and Standards Bill to tackle under performing schools.
- Reforming social services to provide for the first time a coherent Welsh legal framework to meet changing social expectations and demography.
- Action to address homelessness and empty dwellings, as well as improving standards and tenants' rights in the private rented sector.
- Introduce a duty on Local Authorities to provide and maintain cycle paths in key areas.
- Consolidate existing legislation to make the planning system more transparent and accessible.