Recording evidence of achievement in PSE is the shared responsibility of both learner and teachers. Evidence of achievement in PSE should relate to appropriate learning outcomes from the PSE framework.
Ideally, learners will be involved in keeping a record, diary, or even a simple portfolio of a selection of pieces of work, to indicate their progress regarding their personal and social development. For example, the Progress File process allows learners to identify and record achievement, set targets and action plan.
Sources of appropriate evidence might include:
- self-assessment exercises
- observations that arise, for example, from group work with other learners
- the results of tasks with appropriate comments
- outcomes of interviews with teachers and tutors
- merit awards and certificates recognising achievement both within and outside the school or college.
Also, for learners with additional educational needs, progress towards individual educational plan targets are regularly reviewed and recorded.