Capital Funding for WRAP 2011-12 (Saesneg yn unig)
Date of decision / Dyddiad y penderfyniad:
10th August 2009
Statement of information / Datganiad gwybodaeth:
The Welsh assembly Government is currently consulting on its new waste strategy that proposes the following two main targets:
By 2025 we want all sectors in Wales to be recycling at least 70% of their waste – this includes businesses, households and the public sector.
By 2050 we hope to achieved zero waste, this will mean that products and services will be designed so they have eliminated waste entirely.
The Waste and Resources Action Programme (WRAP) is funded by the Assembly Government to deliver a core programme that provides a key contribution towards both of these main targets.
WRAP Wales currently focuses on:
• increasing markets for recyclate through encouraging Welsh manufacturing businesses and construction companies to become more resource efficient by increasing the use of recyclate as a raw material
• increasing the procurement and use of materials efficient products in Wales
• working with retailers and their supply chains to ensure that products sold in Wales are as materials resource efficient as possible
• providing capital funding support for new strategic materials efficiency infrastructure.
• compositional analysis of municipal solid waste
• organics research and market development
collections, infrastructure and market development sector plan