Delivering Prudent Healthcare in Wales »Prudent healthcare principles ensure patients receive the most appropriate treatments to achieve mutually-agreed goals.Learn more »
New financial services company to open head office in Cardiff creating nearly ninety new jobs
Open Resolution - a new financial services company is setting up its head office and operations centre in Cardiff creating nearly ninety new jobs with Welsh Government support
- Minister announces new appointments to Sport Wales board
- “Wales’ unique family intervention programme is helping to keep families together” – Gwenda Thomas
Featured Article »Landmark Social Services law receives Royal Assent
- New financial services company to open head office in Cardiff creating nearly ninety new jobs
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Draft Guidance on notifiable event for registered social landlords
- Draft Vision and Objectives and the proposed structure of the Welsh National Marine Plan
- Consultation on Amending The Use of Invalid Carriages on Highways Regulations 1988
- Reservoir Safety in Wales: Consultation on the Commencement of Schedule 4 to the Flood and Water Management Act 2010
- Draft fly-tipping strategy
- Strategic Environmental Assessment: Environmental Report, Ireland Wales cooperation Programme 2014-2020
Featured consultation »Draft Technical Advice Note 1: Joint Housing Land Availability Studies
50 days left
Section highlightThe Gender-based Violence, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence (Wales) Bill
The Bill aims to improve the Public Sector response in Wales to gender-based violence, domestic abuse and sexual violence.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - June 2014
Our pipeline provides visibility of infrastructure investment activity across Wales.
1st Supplementary Budget 2014-15 »
The 1st Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the Final Budget for 2014-15, which was published in December 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
An annual report which presents data on absenteeism by persistent absentees and all pupils of compulsory school age (5-15) in maintained primary and secondary schools.
- In 2011/12 7.2 per cent of pupils in maintained secondary schools were persistent absentees, a decrease of 1.4 percentage points from 2010/11.
- The percentage of persistent absentees in maintained primary schools fell from 3.3 per cent in 2010/11 to 2.6 per cent in 2011/12.
- Ceredigion had the lowest percentage of persistent absentees in maintained primary and secondary schools in 2011/12 (1.1 and 3.2 per cent of pupils respectively).
- Pupils known to be eligible for free school meals had higher rates of absenteeism in maintained primary and secondary schools than other pupils.
- Traveller and Gypsy/Roma pupils had the highest rates of absenteeism.
Tel: 029 2082 3599