Contingency planning for winter weather »Severe weather requires robust, collaborative planning between the Welsh Government and the public and private sectors in Wales.Learn more »
New powers to safeguard vulnerable children and adults in Wales
A legal obligation to report any child or adult believed to be at risk of abuse or neglect will be implemented in Wales in 2016, Health and Social Services Minister Mark Drakeford today announced.
- “Get vaccinated against the flu”, Wales’ top doctor urges
- 0808 80 10 800 - 24 hour help for domestic abuse victims
- New powers to safeguard vulnerable children and adults in Wales
- Designation of Licensing authority under Part 1 of the Housing (Wales) Act 2014
- Flood and Coast Investment Programme (FaCIP)
- Local authority environmental permitting fees and charges 2015-16
- Adoption and Children Act 2002 (Joint Adoption Arrangements)(Wales) Directions 2015
- Independent Living Fund – future arrangements to support recipients in Wales
- Consultation on Local Development Plans Process Review
Section highlightQualifications Wales BillThe Bill will establish Qualifications Wales as an independent regulator for qualifications and the qualification system in Wales.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update
This 6th edition details over 370 investments across both public and private sectors with a value of more than £40bn.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
An annual report which includes data on pharmacies, prescriptions dispensed and pharmaceutical services offered.
- There were 714 community pharmacies in Wales on 31 March 2014, up 2 from 712 on 31 March 2013, although in general the total number changes little from year to year.
- There were 4 appliance contractors in Wales on 31 March 2014.
- 71.2 million prescription items were dispensed by community pharmacies in 2013-14, up by 2.9% from 2012-13.
- 95.7% of pharmacies were accredited to provide Medicine Use Review services and 93.0% a Discharge Medicines Review service in 2013-14.
- The proportion of community pharmacies accredited to provide various enhanced services has risen steadily since 2005-06.
Tel: 029 2082 5039