Delivering Prudent Healthcare in Wales »Prudent healthcare principles ensure patients receive the most appropriate treatments to achieve mutually-agreed goals.Learn more »
Come and welcome Team Wales home!
- Monmouth is first in county to benefit from superfast fibre broadband
- ‘Remember to worm your dog', says Chief Vet
- Come and welcome Team Wales home!
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Draft Undertaking Gypsy and Traveller Accommodation Assessments guidance
- Draft Designing Gypsy and Traveller Sites in Wales guidance
- Draft Managing Gypsy and Traveller Sites in Wales guidance
- Reservoir Safety in Wales: Consultation on the Commencement of Schedule 4 to the Flood and Water Management Act 2010
- Strategic Environmental Assessment: Environmental Report, Ireland Wales cooperation Programme 2014-2020
- Agricultural Waste Call for Evidence
Featured consultation »Draft guidance on notifiable event for registered social landlords
41 days left
Section highlightThe Well-being of Future Generations (Wales) BillThe Bill strengthens existing governance arrangements for improving the well-being of Wales to ensure that present needs are met without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightWales for Africa grant
The Wales for Africa grant supports projects that build mutually beneficial links between Wales and Sub-Saharan Africa.
1st Supplementary Budget 2014-15 »
The 1st Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the Final Budget for 2014-15, which was published in December 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
An annual report which includes details of the levels of average band D council tax by local authority.
- Average band D council tax for Wales for 2014-15 is £1,276. This includes £1,043 for county councils, £205 for police and £28 for community councils. Figures for billing authorities, including the police elements, vary from £1,005 in Pembrokeshire to £1,591 in Blaenau Gwent.
- County council increases in band D council tax for 2014-15 average £44 or 4.2%. Police increases average £6 or 3.2%. These increases combine to produce an average band D rise of £50 or 4.1%.
- Swansea has the largest band D percentage increase (including community council and police elements) of 5.0%. Flintshire has the smallest overall band D percentage increase of 2.7%.
- In England, around 57% of authorities are estimated to freeze council tax in 2014-15 in exchange for additional funding from Central Government. The estimated average increase for English authorities is 0.6%.
- Welsh average band D council tax is 87% of the latest estimated figure of £1,464 for England.
Tel: 029 2082 5355