Green Growth Wales »The proposed Green Growth Wales fund aims to increase and accelerate projects to deliver green investment in Wales.Learn more »
Alert Logic’s new Security Operations Centre launches in Cardiff and joins growing cluster of ‘cyber security’ firms
Economy Minister Edwina Hart officially unveiled Alert Logic’s new state-of-the-art European HQ and Security Operations Centre in Cardiff
- Stay safe online! Minister launches new E-Safety Tools & Resources
- Consultation into Public Service Staff Commission opens
- Alert Logic’s new Security Operations Centre launches in Cardiff and joins growing cluster of ‘cyber security’ firms
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Devolution, Democracy and Delivery White Paper – Public Services Staff Commission
- The development of an energy efficiency strategy for Wales
- Early Years Outcomes Framework
- Food Hygiene Rating (Promotion of Food Hygiene Ratings) (Wales) Regulations
- Smoke-free private vehicles carrying children
- Extending access to intermediary services for descendants and relatives of adopted people
Section highlightHousing (Wales) Act 2014The Act introduces significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightWales for Africa grant
The Wales for Africa grant supports projects that build mutually beneficial links between Wales and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Draft Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
An annual report which includes details of the levels of average band D council tax by local authority.
- Average band D council tax for Wales for 2014-15 is £1,276. This includes £1,043 for county councils, £205 for police and £28 for community councils. Figures for billing authorities, including the police elements, vary from £1,005 in Pembrokeshire to £1,591 in Blaenau Gwent.
- County council increases in band D council tax for 2014-15 average £44 or 4.2%. Police increases average £6 or 3.2%. These increases combine to produce an average band D rise of £50 or 4.1%.
- Swansea has the largest band D percentage increase (including community council and police elements) of 5.0%. Flintshire has the smallest overall band D percentage increase of 2.7%.
- In England, around 57% of authorities are estimated to freeze council tax in 2014-15 in exchange for additional funding from Central Government. The estimated average increase for English authorities is 0.6%.
- Welsh average band D council tax is 87% of the latest estimated figure of £1,464 for England.
Tel: 029 2082 5355