Cross Compliance Proposals for 2015 »The new arrangements will ensure that farmers continue to generate high quality food whilst protecting Wales’ valued resources and spectacular natural landscape.Learn more »
£8.1million for Airbus announced by First Minister
First Minister Carwyn Jones has announced the continued support for Airbus in Broughton with an £8.1million package of funding for training.
- First Minister announces 1,100 investment jobs for Wales
- Made-in-Wales NHS pay deal accepted by unions
- £8.1million for Airbus announced by First Minister
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Subordinate Legislation Relating to Certain Internal Operations (mezzanine floors)
- Regulations to introduce a new Firefighters’ Pension Scheme in Wales from April 2015
- Liver disease delivery plan
- Proposals for the disciplinary functions of the Education Workforce Council and a new Code of Professional Conduct and practice for registrants
- Nature Recovery Plan for Wales
- Inappropriate admissions guidance
Section highlightHousing (Wales) Act 2014The Act introduces significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightWales for Africa grant
The Wales for Africa grant supports projects that build mutually beneficial links between Wales and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Draft Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
An annual report which includes details of the levels of average band D council tax by local authority.
- Average band D council tax for Wales for 2014-15 is £1,276. This includes £1,043 for county councils, £205 for police and £28 for community councils. Figures for billing authorities, including the police elements, vary from £1,005 in Pembrokeshire to £1,591 in Blaenau Gwent.
- County council increases in band D council tax for 2014-15 average £44 or 4.2%. Police increases average £6 or 3.2%. These increases combine to produce an average band D rise of £50 or 4.1%.
- Swansea has the largest band D percentage increase (including community council and police elements) of 5.0%. Flintshire has the smallest overall band D percentage increase of 2.7%.
- In England, around 57% of authorities are estimated to freeze council tax in 2014-15 in exchange for additional funding from Central Government. The estimated average increase for English authorities is 0.6%.
- Welsh average band D council tax is 87% of the latest estimated figure of £1,464 for England.
Tel: 029 2082 5355