Report by the Commission on Devolution in Wales »We hope that this Report will give us the foundation for a fundamental reform of the devolution settlement.Learn more »
Pilots in Ceredigion and Vale of Glamorgan to find new ways to deliver public transport
- European investment helps bring Superfast Broadband to Wales – Jane Hutt
- Genpower to create 35 new jobs in Haven Waterway Enterprise Zone with Welsh Government support
Featured Article »Landmark social care Bill passes National Assembly scrutiny
- Pilots in Ceredigion and Vale of Glamorgan to find new ways to deliver public transport
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Proposals concerning the publication of Sustainable Development Indicators statistical outputs
- Consultation on the regulations to introduce a new Firefighters’ Pension Scheme in Wales from April 2015
- Onshore oil exploration activities: integrated pollution prevention and control
- Statutory Guidance to the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in relation to the salaries of Local Authority Chief Executives
- Consultation on the findings of the report on the Impact and Effect of the Non-Domestic Rating (Definition of Domestic Property) (Wales) Order 2010.
- Achieving high standards together - a new framework for animal health and welfare in Wales
Featured consultation »Curriculum for Wales: Phase 1 - revised literacy and numeracy arrangements
50 days left
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - December 2013
This Wales Infrastructure Investment Plan annex highlights planned investments and potential procurement opportunities.
2nd Supplementary Budget 2013-14 »
The 2nd Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the 1st Supplementary Budget for 2013-14, which was published on 25 June 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Statistics on crime recorded by the police, on crime and perceptions from the British Crime Survey and on crime and criminal justice from Eurostat include data for Wales and Welsh police force areas, England and English Government Office Regions and other countries for the financial year 2007-08.
The charts showing international comparisons have been removed from this bulletin following a review of guidance issued by Eurostat. The guidance highlighted the substantial differences in the way crimes are recorded in different countries and advised that comparisons are only made in terms of trends over time and not in crime levels. A statistical article on international comparisons, following the Eurostat guidance, will be published in September 2009.
Police recorded crime
- Wales had a lower rate of total crime than England (lower than 7 of the 9 Government Office Regions in 2007-08).
British Crime Survey
- Wales had lower rates than England for both household and personal crime in 2007-08, ranking third lowest for household crime and second lowest for personal crime when compared with the Government Office Regions in England.
- Wales had fairly low proportions of respondents with high levels of worry about crime, but a higher proportion of respondents perceiving high levels of anti-social behaviour.
- Respondents in Wales had low levels of confidence in the criminal justice system, ranking lowest for confidence in local police and second lowest for confidence in the criminal justice system as a whole.
Tel: 029 2082 5061