Report by the Commission on Devolution in Wales »We hope that this Report will give us the foundation for a fundamental reform of the devolution settlement.Learn more »
Pilots in Ceredigion and Vale of Glamorgan to find new ways to deliver public transport
Funding to trial new, more efficient methods of delivering public transport to improve access to jobs and services, particularly in rural areas.
- European investment helps bring Superfast Broadband to Wales – Jane Hutt
- Genpower to create 35 new jobs in Haven Waterway Enterprise Zone with Welsh Government support
Featured Article »Landmark social care Bill passes National Assembly scrutiny
- Pilots in Ceredigion and Vale of Glamorgan to find new ways to deliver public transport
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Proposals concerning the publication of Sustainable Development Indicators statistical outputs
- Consultation on the regulations to introduce a new Firefighters’ Pension Scheme in Wales from April 2015
- Onshore oil exploration activities: integrated pollution prevention and control
- Statutory Guidance to the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in relation to the salaries of Local Authority Chief Executives
- Consultation on the findings of the report on the Impact and Effect of the Non-Domestic Rating (Definition of Domestic Property) (Wales) Order 2010.
- Achieving high standards together - a new framework for animal health and welfare in Wales
Featured consultation »Curriculum for Wales: Phase 1 - revised literacy and numeracy arrangements
50 days left
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - December 2013
This Wales Infrastructure Investment Plan annex highlights planned investments and potential procurement opportunities.
2nd Supplementary Budget 2013-14 »
The 2nd Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the 1st Supplementary Budget for 2013-14, which was published on 25 June 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
An annual report which includes information on vehicles, school fires, source and hazardous materials, casualties, prevention and location.
The latest release updates the statistics previously released on 28 February 2012.
- the Welsh Fire and Rescue Services attended 2,038 deliberate primary fires in 2011-12, a decrease of 18 per cent compared with the previous year and of 72 per cent compared with 2001-02
- in 2011-12, 64 per cent of deliberate fires were in South Wales, 23 per cent in Mid and West Wales, and 13 per cent were in North Wales
- around 1 in 5 deliberate fires in 2010-11 in Wales occurred in April.
- in 2011-12, there were 939 primary fires started deliberately in vehicles, a decrease of 23 per cent compared with the previous year.
- in 2011-12, there were 16 deliberate fires in schools, equating to 43 per cent of all fires in schools.
Source and Hazardous Materials:
- furniture and furnishings were the materials first ignited in 20 per cent of deliberate primary fires in the combined figures for 2009-10 to 2011-12
- of the dangerous substances in deliberate primary fires in total in 2009-10 to 2011-12, 70 per cent were flammable liquids.
- in 2011-12, there were 1 fatal casualty and 64 nonfatal casualties in deliberate fires.
Tel: 029 2082 6699