Delivering Prudent Healthcare in Wales »Prudent healthcare principles ensure patients receive the most appropriate treatments to achieve mutually-agreed goals.Learn more »
Heart disease falling in Wales, new report reveals
The number of people living with coronary heart disease in Wales is falling but it still claims the lives of more than 4,300 people a year, a new report published today shows.
- Welsh Government’s Nest scheme helps another 5,000 people in fuel poverty with their energy bills
- Welsh Government support will accelerate job creation in Wrexham
Featured Article »Landmark Social Services law receives Royal Assent
- Heart disease falling in Wales, new report reveals
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Strategic Environmental Assessment: Environmental Report, Ireland Wales cooperation Programme 2014-2020
- Amending the Environmental Damage (Prevention and Remediation) Regulations 2009 to transpose Article 38 of the Offshore Safety Directive
- Extending access to intermediary services for descendants and relatives of adopted people
- Statutory Guidance to the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in relation to the salaries of Local Authority Chief Executives
- The Ireland Wales Cooperation Programme 2014-2020
- Active Travel Action Plan
Featured consultation »Draft Technical Advice Note 1: Joint Housing Land Availability Studies
72 days left
Section highlightThe Gender-based Violence, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence (Wales) Bill
The Bill aims to improve the Public Sector response in Wales to gender-based violence, domestic abuse and sexual violence.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - June 2014
Our pipeline provides visibility of infrastructure investment activity across Wales.
1st Supplementary Budget 2014-15 »
The 1st Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the Final Budget for 2014-15, which was published in December 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
An annual report which includes information on vehicles, school fires, source and hazardous materials, casualties, prevention and location.
The latest release updates the statistics previously released on 28 February 2012.
- the Welsh Fire and Rescue Services attended 2,038 deliberate primary fires in 2011-12, a decrease of 18 per cent compared with the previous year and of 72 per cent compared with 2001-02
- in 2011-12, 64 per cent of deliberate fires were in South Wales, 23 per cent in Mid and West Wales, and 13 per cent were in North Wales
- around 1 in 5 deliberate fires in 2010-11 in Wales occurred in April.
- in 2011-12, there were 939 primary fires started deliberately in vehicles, a decrease of 23 per cent compared with the previous year.
- in 2011-12, there were 16 deliberate fires in schools, equating to 43 per cent of all fires in schools.
Source and Hazardous Materials:
- furniture and furnishings were the materials first ignited in 20 per cent of deliberate primary fires in the combined figures for 2009-10 to 2011-12
- of the dangerous substances in deliberate primary fires in total in 2009-10 to 2011-12, 70 per cent were flammable liquids.
- in 2011-12, there were 1 fatal casualty and 64 nonfatal casualties in deliberate fires.
Tel: 029 2082 6699