Report by the Commission on Devolution in Wales »We hope that this Report will give us the foundation for a fundamental reform of the devolution settlement.Learn more »
£17.8m funding to transform Welsh public services announced by Jane Hutt
An initiative to help reduce the time people spend in hospital in Cwm Taf is among projects awarded over £17.8m from the Invest-to-Save Fund.
- First Minister opens £6m anaerobic digestion plant in Gwynedd
- Minister calls for advice services to apply for funding as impact of welfare changes hit communities
Featured Article »Landmark social care Bill passes National Assembly scrutiny
- £17.8m funding to transform Welsh public services announced by Jane Hutt
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Proposals concerning the publication of Sustainable Development Indicators statistical outputs
- Consultation on the regulations to introduce a new Firefighters’ Pension Scheme in Wales from April 2015
- Onshore oil exploration activities: integrated pollution prevention and control
- Statutory Guidance to the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in relation to the salaries of Local Authority Chief Executives
- Consultation on the findings of the report on the Impact and Effect of the Non-Domestic Rating (Definition of Domestic Property) (Wales) Order 2010.
- Proposals for the inshore crustacean fishery - Phase 1
Featured consultation »Curriculum for Wales: Phase 1 - revised literacy and numeracy arrangements
58 days left
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - December 2013
This Wales Infrastructure Investment Plan annex highlights planned investments and potential procurement opportunities.
2nd Supplementary Budget 2013-14 »
The 2nd Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the 1st Supplementary Budget for 2013-14, which was published on 25 June 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
An annual report which includes information on vehicles, school fires, source and hazardous materials, casualties, prevention and location.
The latest release updates the statistics previously released on 28 February 2012.
- the Welsh Fire and Rescue Services attended 2,038 deliberate primary fires in 2011-12, a decrease of 18 per cent compared with the previous year and of 72 per cent compared with 2001-02
- in 2011-12, 64 per cent of deliberate fires were in South Wales, 23 per cent in Mid and West Wales, and 13 per cent were in North Wales
- around 1 in 5 deliberate fires in 2010-11 in Wales occurred in April.
- in 2011-12, there were 939 primary fires started deliberately in vehicles, a decrease of 23 per cent compared with the previous year.
- in 2011-12, there were 16 deliberate fires in schools, equating to 43 per cent of all fires in schools.
Source and Hazardous Materials:
- furniture and furnishings were the materials first ignited in 20 per cent of deliberate primary fires in the combined figures for 2009-10 to 2011-12
- of the dangerous substances in deliberate primary fires in total in 2009-10 to 2011-12, 70 per cent were flammable liquids.
- in 2011-12, there were 1 fatal casualty and 64 nonfatal casualties in deliberate fires.
Tel: 029 2082 6699