Help to Buy – Wales Shared Equity Scheme »This shared equity loan will make up the shortfall between the purchase price of a property and the funding available to buyers through their cash deposit and mortgage offer.Learn more »
Banding data for 2013 released by Welsh Government
Secondary school Banding data for 2013 has today been published by the Welsh Government.
- Minister announces £10m funding to improve Cardiff Airport
- Jobs Growth Wales reaches record high
- Banding data for 2013 released by Welsh Government
- Welsh declaration of the rights of older people
- Council Tax Reduction Scheme Review
- Local authority environmental permitting fees and charges 2014-2015
- Beyond 2011: Consultation on Census and future provision of population statistics in England and Wales
- M4 Corridor around Newport Consultation
- Undertaking fatal and non-fatal drug poisoning reviews in Wales
Featured consultation »New guidance for the Risk Assessment of Walked Routes to School
56 days left
In this section
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - December 2013
This Wales Infrastructure Investment Plan annex highlights planned investments and potential procurement opportunities.
Final Budget 2014-15 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2014-15 is £14.9bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.
A report which presents data by sector, gender, type of organisation and occupation.
- Just under a quarter of people in employment were employed in the public sector in Wales in 2007.
- Between 1999 and 2007 public sector employment in Wales increased by 8 per cent, compared to an increase of 12 per cent in the private sector.
- Almost two thirds of those in Wales who are in employment in the public sector are women.
- Just over half of those working in the public sector in Wales work in local government (this includes schools).
- Only 8 per cent of those in employment in the public sector are aged under 25, compared with 18 per cent in the private sector.
- Over half of those employed in the public sector in Wales have a degree or higher qualification compared to just under a quarter in the private sector.
Tel: 029 2082 5817