Report by the Commission on Devolution in Wales »We hope that this Report will give us the foundation for a fundamental reform of the devolution settlement.Learn more »
Education Minister's statement on WJEC GCSE English Language unit outcomes from January 2014
The Minister for Education and Skills Huw Lewis has issued a Statement: WJEC GCSE English Language unit outcomes from January 2014.
- Voices of women could be lost in times of austerity Minister warns
- Haven Waterway Enterprise Zone is expanded
Featured Article »Landmark social care Bill completes stage 3 scrutiny
- Education Minister's statement on WJEC GCSE English Language unit outcomes from January 2014
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- EIDCymru: an electronic movement reporting system for sheep and goats - the identification of sheep and the current slaughter derogation
- Achieving high standards together - a new framework for animal health and welfare in Wales
- Proposed amendments to the criminal offences and defences in sections 2, 28 and 42 of the Ancient Monuments and Archaeological Areas Act 1979.
- Revising the national framework for Continuing NHS Healthcare (CHC)
- Phase 1 - Draft Report: Review of Audit, Inspection and Regulation
- Statutory Guidance to the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in relation to the salaries of Local Authority Chief Executives
Featured consultation »A new framework for animal health and welfare in Wales
47 days left
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - December 2013
This Wales Infrastructure Investment Plan annex highlights planned investments and potential procurement opportunities.
2nd Supplementary Budget 2013-14 »
The 2nd Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the 1st Supplementary Budget for 2013-14, which was published on 25 June 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
A review of the indicators included in this release took place in autumn 2010.
- All baseline years have been re-set to 2006.
- Two new indicators are included: children living in in-work poverty and educational attainment in young adults. The children’s environmental health indicator has been removed. Where suitable data is available, the progress status of indicators should be determined by the measure of inequality (how much the gap has changed between those in poverty and those not in poverty).
- Of the 32 child poverty indicators, 10 have shown a clear improvement, 12 have shown little or no change, 3 have shown a clear deterioration and 7 do not have sufficient data for a progress status to be allocated.
- 5 indicators have not had their baseline or their definition changed, so are comparable with the last release; the progress status of all 5 has not changed.
A new Child Poverty Strategy for Wales was issued for a three month period of public consultation on 12 May 2010. A revised Child Poverty Strategy will be published in early 2011. The indicators being used to measure the Welsh Assembly Government's 2006 child poverty milestones and targets will remain a key part of this new Strategy.
Update - 10 December 2012
The Programme for Government sets out what we are going to do to improve the lives of the people of Wales and how we are going to measure progress including the plan of action for Tackling Poverty. Each year we report on a full set of updates on progress made on the commitments set out in the Programme.
Alongside annual reports on the Programme for Government, we published the 'Tackling Poverty Action Plan' in June 2012. We have committed to update and refresh the action plan each year to give an in depth account of the action that we and our partners are taking to tackle poverty.
To streamline reporting processes, we are currently reviewing the 'Eradicating Child Poverty in Wales: Child Poverty Indicators' with a view to migrating much of the information into the annual reports on the tackling poverty plan. The next update is due by June 2013.
Tel: 029 2082 3234