Green Growth Wales »The proposed Green Growth Wales fund aims to increase and accelerate projects to deliver green investment in Wales.Learn more »
Alert Logic’s new Security Operations Centre launches in Cardiff and joins growing cluster of ‘cyber security’ firms
Economy Minister Edwina Hart officially unveiled Alert Logic’s new state-of-the-art European HQ and Security Operations Centre in Cardiff
- Stay safe online! Minister launches new E-Safety Tools & Resources
- Consultation into Public Service Staff Commission opens
- Alert Logic’s new Security Operations Centre launches in Cardiff and joins growing cluster of ‘cyber security’ firms
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Devolution, Democracy and Delivery White Paper – Public Services Staff Commission
- The development of an energy efficiency strategy for Wales
- Early Years Outcomes Framework
- Food Hygiene Rating (Promotion of Food Hygiene Ratings) (Wales) Regulations
- Smoke-free private vehicles carrying children
- Extending access to intermediary services for descendants and relatives of adopted people
Section highlightHousing (Wales) Act 2014The Act introduces significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightWales for Africa grant
The Wales for Africa grant supports projects that build mutually beneficial links between Wales and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Draft Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
An annual report which includes information on Eye Care Services provided in Wales together with workforce information.
Primary eye care services
- During 2013-14, 758,572 General Ophthalmic Service sight tests were paid for by the NHS, a 1.2 per cent decrease on the previous year.
- 96,487 examinations were carried out under Eye Health Examinations Wales during the same year.
- Of the 115,344 patients screened by the Diabetic Retinopathy Screening Service in 2013-14, 29.8 per cent were found to have diabetic retinopathy.
Hospital eye services
- There were 330,626 attendances to ophthalmology outpatient appointments in Welsh hospitals in 2012-13.
Rehabilitation - low vision service
- 7,237 assessments were carried out by the Low Vision Service Wales.
People newly certified and/or registered as severely sight impaired and sight impaired
- At 31 March 2013, almost 16,600 people were registered with a visual impairment, of whom around half were registered as severely sight impaired and half as sight impaired.
- 1,362 people were newly certified as sight impaired in 2012-13; over 75 per cent of these were aged 80 years or over.
- There were 781 practitioners carrying out sight tests paid for by the NHS at 31 December 2013, 28 less than the previous year and a 24.2 per cent increase since December 2003.
- At 30 September 2012 there were 144 whole time equivalent ophthalmology doctors directly employed by the NHS in Wales.
Tel: 029 2082 5039