Report by the Commission on Devolution in Wales »We hope that this Report will give us the foundation for a fundamental reform of the devolution settlement.Learn more »
Jobs Growth Wales ends its second year on a high: Nearly 10,000 job opportunities filled and counting
Deputy Minister for Skills and Technology, Ken Skates, has welcomed latest figures showing Jobs Growth Wales has now created over 12,400 job opportunities, with 9,700 young people filling these jobs.
- Hi-tech system developed in Wales designed to support clinical trials for cell therapy and regenerative medicine
- Lord Mayor of London hears of compelling proposition to attract financial and professional services firms to Wales
Featured Article »Landmark social care Bill passes National Assembly scrutiny
- Jobs Growth Wales ends its second year on a high: Nearly 10,000 job opportunities filled and counting
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Proposals concerning the publication of Sustainable Development Indicators statistical outputs
- Consultation on the regulations to introduce a new Firefighters’ Pension Scheme in Wales from April 2015
- Onshore oil exploration activities: integrated pollution prevention and control
- Statutory Guidance to the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in relation to the salaries of Local Authority Chief Executives
- Consultation on the findings of the report on the Impact and Effect of the Non-Domestic Rating (Definition of Domestic Property) (Wales) Order 2010.
- Achieving high standards together - a new framework for animal health and welfare in Wales
Featured consultation »Curriculum for Wales: Phase 1 - revised literacy and numeracy arrangements
49 days left
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - December 2013
This Wales Infrastructure Investment Plan annex highlights planned investments and potential procurement opportunities.
2nd Supplementary Budget 2013-14 »
The 2nd Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the 1st Supplementary Budget for 2013-14, which was published on 25 June 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
In 2012/13, the total Financial Contingency Funds (FCF) budget allocated to Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) remained at £2.1m (the same as in 2011/12 and 2010/11). Applications to HEIs and individual awards given out decreased compared with the previous year. In 2012/13, the total FCF budget allocated to Further Education Institutions (FEIs) remained at £7.0m (the same as in 2011/12, 2010/11 and 2009/10). Applications to FEIs decreased compared with the previous year although the number of individual awards given out increased.
- The number of applications for financial assistance from FCFs fell by 6 per cent to 5,735 compared with the previous year. The number of successful applications fell to 4,860 (a 3 per cent decrease compared with the previous year).
- 5,055 individual awards were funded in 2012/13, compared with 5,225 in the previous year (a decrease of 3 per cent). On average, applicants were awarded an FCF award of £410 in 2012/13, compared with £395 in 2011/12.
- The total amount allocated to institutions was £2.1m.
- The number of applications for financial assistance from FCFs fell by 20 per cent to 15,550 compared with the previous year. The number of successful applications fell to 13,825 (a 19 per cent decrease compared with the previous year).
- 23,055 individual awards were funded in 2012/13, compared with 25,870 in the previous year (a decrease of 11 per cent). On average, applicants were awarded an FCF award of £300 in 2012/13, compared with £265 in 2011/12.
- The total amount allocated to institutions was £7.0m.
Tel: 029 2082 3895