Report by the Commission on Devolution in Wales »We hope that this Report will give us the foundation for a fundamental reform of the devolution settlement.Learn more »
Education Minister's statement on WJEC GCSE English Language unit outcomes from January 2014
The Minister for Education and Skills Huw Lewis has issued a Statement: WJEC GCSE English Language unit outcomes from January 2014.
- Voices of women could be lost in times of austerity Minister warns
- Haven Waterway Enterprise Zone is expanded
Featured Article »Landmark social care Bill completes stage 3 scrutiny
- Education Minister's statement on WJEC GCSE English Language unit outcomes from January 2014
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- EIDCymru: an electronic movement reporting system for sheep and goats - the identification of sheep and the current slaughter derogation
- Achieving high standards together - a new framework for animal health and welfare in Wales
- Proposed amendments to the criminal offences and defences in sections 2, 28 and 42 of the Ancient Monuments and Archaeological Areas Act 1979.
- Revising the national framework for Continuing NHS Healthcare (CHC)
- Phase 1 - Draft Report: Review of Audit, Inspection and Regulation
- Statutory Guidance to the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in relation to the salaries of Local Authority Chief Executives
Featured consultation »A new framework for animal health and welfare in Wales
46 days left
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - December 2013
This Wales Infrastructure Investment Plan annex highlights planned investments and potential procurement opportunities.
2nd Supplementary Budget 2013-14 »
The 2nd Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the 1st Supplementary Budget for 2013-14, which was published on 25 June 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
In 2011/12, the total FCF budget allocated to HEIs remained at £2.1m (the same as in 2010/11). Applications to HEIs and individual awards given out decreased compared with the previous year. In 2011/12, the total FCF budget allocated to FEIs remained at £7.0m (the same as in 2010/11 and 2009/10). Applications to FEIs decreased compared with the previous year although the number of individual awards given out increased.
- The number of applications for financial assistance from FCFs fell by 16 per cent to 6,110 compared with the previous year. The number of successful applications fell to 5,015 (13 per cent decrease) compared with the previous year.
- 5,225 individual awards were funded in 2011/12, compared with 6,055 in the previous year (a decrease of 14 per cent).
- The total amount allocated to institutions was £2.1m.
- The number of applications for financial assistance from FCFs fell by 8 per cent to 19,460 compared with the previous year. The number of successful applications fell to 17,145 (9 per cent decrease) compared with the previous year.
- 25,870 individual awards were funded in 2011/12, compared with 23,580 in the previous year (an increase of 10 per cent).
- The total amount allocated to institutions was £7.0m.
Tel: 029 2082 1514