Delivering Prudent Healthcare in Wales »Prudent healthcare principles ensure patients receive the most appropriate treatments to achieve mutually-agreed goals.Learn more »
Anchor company expansion in mid Wales set to create thirty five new jobs with Welsh Government support
Work is underway on a new hi-tech engineering facility for Control Techniques which is being built by the Welsh Government
- Wales celebrates success at the Great Taste Awards
- £8.8m boost for services to support older people in Mid and West Wales
- Anchor company expansion in mid Wales set to create thirty five new jobs with Welsh Government support
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Draft Guidance on notifiable event for registered social landlords
- Draft Vision and Objectives and the proposed structure of the Welsh National Marine Plan
- Consultation on Amending The Use of Invalid Carriages on Highways Regulations 1988
- Reservoir Safety in Wales: Consultation on the Commencement of Schedule 4 to the Flood and Water Management Act 2010
- Draft fly-tipping strategy
- Strategic Environmental Assessment: Environmental Report, Ireland Wales cooperation Programme 2014-2020
Featured consultation »Draft Technical Advice Note 1: Joint Housing Land Availability Studies
48 days left
Section highlightThe Gender-based Violence, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence (Wales) Bill
The Bill aims to improve the Public Sector response in Wales to gender-based violence, domestic abuse and sexual violence.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - June 2014
Our pipeline provides visibility of infrastructure investment activity across Wales.
1st Supplementary Budget 2014-15 »
The 1st Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the Final Budget for 2014-15, which was published in December 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
In 2012/13, the total Financial Contingency Funds (FCF) budget allocated to Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) remained at £2.1m (the same as in 2011/12 and 2010/11). Applications to HEIs and individual awards given out decreased compared with the previous year. In 2012/13, the total FCF budget allocated to Further Education Institutions (FEIs) remained at £7.0m (the same as in 2011/12, 2010/11 and 2009/10). Applications to FEIs decreased compared with the previous year although the number of individual awards given out increased.
- The number of applications for financial assistance from FCFs fell by 6 per cent to 5,735 compared with the previous year. The number of successful applications fell to 4,860 (a 3 per cent decrease compared with the previous year).
- 5,055 individual awards were funded in 2012/13, compared with 5,225 in the previous year (a decrease of 3 per cent). On average, applicants were awarded an FCF award of £410 in 2012/13, compared with £395 in 2011/12.
- The total amount allocated to institutions was £2.1m.
- The number of applications for financial assistance from FCFs fell by 20 per cent to 15,550 compared with the previous year. The number of successful applications fell to 13,825 (a 19 per cent decrease compared with the previous year).
- 23,055 individual awards were funded in 2012/13, compared with 25,870 in the previous year (a decrease of 11 per cent). On average, applicants were awarded an FCF award of £300 in 2012/13, compared with £265 in 2011/12.
- The total amount allocated to institutions was £7.0m.
Tel: 029 2082 3895