Report by the Commission on Devolution in Wales »We hope that this Report will give us the foundation for a fundamental reform of the devolution settlement.Learn more »
Education Minister's statement on WJEC GCSE English Language unit outcomes from January 2014
The Minister for Education and Skills Huw Lewis has issued a Statement: WJEC GCSE English Language unit outcomes from January 2014.
- Voices of women could be lost in times of austerity Minister warns
- Haven Waterway Enterprise Zone is expanded
Featured Article »Landmark social care Bill completes stage 3 scrutiny
- Education Minister's statement on WJEC GCSE English Language unit outcomes from January 2014
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- EIDCymru: an electronic movement reporting system for sheep and goats - the identification of sheep and the current slaughter derogation
- Achieving high standards together - a new framework for animal health and welfare in Wales
- Proposed amendments to the criminal offences and defences in sections 2, 28 and 42 of the Ancient Monuments and Archaeological Areas Act 1979.
- Revising the national framework for Continuing NHS Healthcare (CHC)
- Phase 1 - Draft Report: Review of Audit, Inspection and Regulation
- Statutory Guidance to the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in relation to the salaries of Local Authority Chief Executives
Featured consultation »A new framework for animal health and welfare in Wales
48 days left
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - December 2013
This Wales Infrastructure Investment Plan annex highlights planned investments and potential procurement opportunities.
2nd Supplementary Budget 2013-14 »
The 2nd Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the 1st Supplementary Budget for 2013-14, which was published on 25 June 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Fire and rescue service performance
An annual which Includes information on fires attended, deaths due to fires, malicious false alarms, female firefighters
- There were 11,437 fires attended by the Fire and Rescue Services in Wales, a decrease of 30 per cent compared with 2011-12.
- There were 6,399 deliberate fires started in Wales, a decrease of 40 per cent compared to 2011-12 and 68 per cent less than in 2004-05.
- There were 17 deaths due to fires in Wales; 6 fewer than in 2011-12 and lower than the annual average since 2004-05 (around 22).
- There were 217 injuries attended by the Fire and Rescue Service in Wales, a reduction of 8 per cent compared to 2011-12 (the lowest in the shown time series), but part of a fluctuating series in a range of 217 to 310 injuries per year since 2006-07.
- In 30 per cent of dwelling fires there was no fire detection equipment, a 4 percentage points reduction compared to 2011-12.
- There were 2,706 malicious false alarm calls during the year; this has dropped by 11 per cent compared with 2011-12 and by 48 per cent since 2004-05.
Tel: 029 2080 1157