Report by the Commission on Devolution in Wales »We hope that this Report will give us the foundation for a fundamental reform of the devolution settlement.Learn more »
Halen Môn is recipe for success, says First Minister
Halen Môn is a unique and successful business which is helping to promote Wales and Anglesey the First Minister, Carwyn Jones, said today on a visit to the company.
- Royal Welch Fusiliers Museum safeguards valuable First World War memories
- Welsh Government support for ex- Remploy workers extended
Featured Article »Landmark social care Bill passes National Assembly scrutiny
- Halen Môn is recipe for success, says First Minister
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Proposals concerning the publication of Sustainable Development Indicators statistical outputs
- Consultation on the regulations to introduce a new Firefighters’ Pension Scheme in Wales from April 2015
- Onshore oil exploration activities: integrated pollution prevention and control
- Statutory Guidance to the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in relation to the salaries of Local Authority Chief Executives
- Consultation on the findings of the report on the Impact and Effect of the Non-Domestic Rating (Definition of Domestic Property) (Wales) Order 2010.
- TB compensation
Featured consultation »Curriculum for Wales: Phase 1 - revised literacy and numeracy arrangements
53 days left
Section highlightThe Housing (Wales) Bill
The Bill will introduce significant improvements across the housing sector to ensure that people have access to a decent, affordable home and better housing-related services.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - December 2013
This Wales Infrastructure Investment Plan annex highlights planned investments and potential procurement opportunities.
2nd Supplementary Budget 2013-14 »
The 2nd Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the 1st Supplementary Budget for 2013-14, which was published on 25 June 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Fire and rescue service performance
An annual which Includes information on fires attended, deaths due to fires, malicious false alarms, female firefighters
- There were 11,437 fires attended by the Fire and Rescue Services in Wales, a decrease of 30 per cent compared with 2011-12.
- There were 6,399 deliberate fires started in Wales, a decrease of 40 per cent compared to 2011-12 and 68 per cent less than in 2004-05.
- There were 17 deaths due to fires in Wales; 6 fewer than in 2011-12 and lower than the annual average since 2004-05 (around 22).
- There were 217 injuries attended by the Fire and Rescue Service in Wales, a reduction of 8 per cent compared to 2011-12 (the lowest in the shown time series), but part of a fluctuating series in a range of 217 to 310 injuries per year since 2006-07.
- In 30 per cent of dwelling fires there was no fire detection equipment, a 4 percentage points reduction compared to 2011-12.
- There were 2,706 malicious false alarm calls during the year; this has dropped by 11 per cent compared with 2011-12 and by 48 per cent since 2004-05.
Tel: 029 2080 1157