Delivering Prudent Healthcare in Wales »Prudent healthcare principles ensure patients receive the most appropriate treatments to achieve mutually-agreed goals.Learn more »
First Minister expresses pride in Team Wales as Commonwealth Games begin
The First Minister has sent a good luck message to Team Wales for the Commonwealth Games
- Minister visits North Wales Fire and Rescue Authority
- Canadian hi-tech opens R&D centre in Wales
Featured Article »Landmark Social Services law receives Royal Assent
- First Minister expresses pride in Team Wales as Commonwealth Games begin
In this section
- Business and economy
- Children and young people
- Culture and sport
- Education and skills
- Environment and countryside
- Equality and diversity
- Health and social care
- Renting Homes – Illustrative Model Contract
- Registration fees for the education workforce in Wales
- Consultation on Draft Technical Advice Note (TAN) 1: Joint Housing Land Availability Studies (JHLAS)
- Statutory Guidance to the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales in relation to the salaries of Local Authority Chief Executives
- Legislative proposals for Additional Learning Needs – White paper
- The Ireland Wales Cooperation Programme 2014-2020
Featured consultation »Draft Technical Advice Note 1: Joint Housing Land Availability Studies
77 days left
Section highlightThe Gender-based Violence, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence (Wales) Bill
The Bill aims to improve the Public Sector response in Wales to gender-based violence, domestic abuse and sexual violence.
Legislative programme 2013 - 2014 »
The First Minister detailed the 8 bills in the Welsh Government’s 5-year Legislative Programme that will be brought forward during the 3rd year of the Welsh Assembly.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update - June 2014
Our pipeline provides visibility of infrastructure investment activity across Wales.
1st Supplementary Budget 2014-15 »
The 1st Supplementary Budget proposes a number of changes to the Final Budget for 2014-15, which was published in December 2013.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Fire and rescue service performance
An annual which Includes information on fires attended, deaths due to fires, malicious false alarms, female firefighters
- There were 11,437 fires attended by the Fire and Rescue Services in Wales, a decrease of 30 per cent compared with 2011-12.
- There were 6,399 deliberate fires started in Wales, a decrease of 40 per cent compared to 2011-12 and 68 per cent less than in 2004-05.
- There were 17 deaths due to fires in Wales; 6 fewer than in 2011-12 and lower than the annual average since 2004-05 (around 22).
- There were 217 injuries attended by the Fire and Rescue Service in Wales, a reduction of 8 per cent compared to 2011-12 (the lowest in the shown time series), but part of a fluctuating series in a range of 217 to 310 injuries per year since 2006-07.
- In 30 per cent of dwelling fires there was no fire detection equipment, a 4 percentage points reduction compared to 2011-12.
- There were 2,706 malicious false alarm calls during the year; this has dropped by 11 per cent compared with 2011-12 and by 48 per cent since 2004-05.
Tel: 029 2080 1157