Contingency planning for winter weather »Severe weather requires robust, collaborative planning between the Welsh Government and the public and private sectors in Wales.Learn more »
Fewer people dying from diabetes in Wales – new report
The number of people dying from diabetes-related conditions in Wales continues to fall
- Consultation launched on future of Welsh apprenticeships
- Minister takes action to protect Wales’ social housing stock
- Fewer people dying from diabetes in Wales – new report
- Aligning the apprenticeship model to the needs of the Welsh economy
- Consultation on the future of Right to Buy and Right to Acquire – a White Paper for social housing.
- The designation of higher education courses at alternative providers for the purpose of student support
- Health Standards Framework
- Age of sale for nicotine inhaling products: draft regulations
- Revised Child Poverty Strategy for Wales
Featured consultation »Age of sale for nicotine inhaling products: draft regulations
3 days left
Section highlightQualifications Wales BillThe Bill will establish Qualifications Wales as an independent regulator for qualifications and the qualification system in Wales.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightProject pipeline update
This 6th edition details over 370 investments across both public and private sectors with a value of more than £40bn.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
An annual report which includes information on type of fire, casualties, damage and source.
- The Welsh Fire and Rescue Services attended 2,142 grassland, woodland and crop fires in 2012-13, a decrease of 56 per cent on 2011-12. Although the numbers of these fires are prone to fluctuation, this figure is the lowest figure since 2001-02 and are likely to have been influenced by the weather conditions seen in 2012-13. Met Office data shows that the year 2012-13 had the most rain for more than the previous ten years.
- In 2012-13, there were 61 primary grassland, woodland and crop fires, a fall of 76 per cent compared with the previous year, and 2,081 secondary grassland, woodland and crop fires, a fall of 55 per cent.
- In 2012-13 more than four-fifths of primary and secondary fires on grassland, woodland and crop were started deliberately.
- Around seven in ten grassland, woodland and crop fires occurred in the spring months April, May and March in 2012 13.
- Of the grassland, woodland and crop fires in 2012-13, 53 per cent were in South Wales, 34 per cent were in Mid and West Wales and 13 per cent were in North Wales.
- There were 5 non-fatal casualties but no fatal casualties from grassland, woodland and crop fires in Wales in 2012-13. The last fatality resulting from a grassland fire occurred in 2007-08.
- In 2012-13, more than half of grassland, woodland and crop fires damaged an area less than 20 square metres, a similar proportion to the previous year.
Tel: 029 2082 6699